Pinterest Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Looks adorable, Jackie!

1 person likes this.
  2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I made my dog a Squeaky Dog Bone this morning. As she is a powerful chewer, I used 2 layers of upholstery fabric. I tried making the little tie things like the tutorial said, but I don't have the patience or skill to turn something that tight. I decided to use some fleece for that part. I stuffed mine with some old, holey socks I had in the draw and used a squeaky that I rescued from another toy. I have to wait until tomorrow to see if she is interested in her new toy or not as she is off being spayed right now.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

DH bought me a painting I pinned on Pinterest!

I made Mexican Stuffed Shells yesterday. Really yummy.

I can't link anything on my phone!

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

5. rrodman

Poor Steph--has to follow around the non-linkers! Thanks!! :)

6. ECUBitzy

He he. Nothing gets between me and food. Those stuffed shells sound SO GOOD.

7. rrodman

They were good.

8. ECUBitzy

Make this tonight: http://homeiswheretheholmansare.blogspot.com/2010/05/white-cheddar-chicken-pasta.html?m=1 (sorry, linking from phone) and we vote myeh. Not bad, not memorable, probably won't make it again. Bummer.

9. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

DD made these Soda Bread Muffins today. She left out the carraway seed and raisins and used the full amount of sugar. They all liked them.

We have made our own version of this activity as a birthday present for one of their great grandmas. I used painted hand prints and paper flowers. I think it turned out cute.

1 person likes this.
  10. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here's what I've done since the last time I posted:

- made smashed potatoes with dinner the other night. I used regular size potatoes because it was what I had, but the small potatoes would have been much, much quicker. Still delicious!
    - I made these connectable popsicle sticks for the girls. Here's what happened with the velcro tabs. :pardon: Although the girls still seem to enjoy playing with the popsicle sticks - they like to build weird shapes. So use serious glue if you want the velcro thing to work, but still hugely entertaining without the velcro.
    - we registered the girls for preschool last month & ever since they've been obsessed with school. They want to play school all day long. So I've been using these great printables for that.
    - I organized my junk drawer. I wanted to do the altoids thing but can't find any altoids to buy for the containers (weird) so I did it with this muffin tin idea instead. Before. After. (I have no idea why we have so many random keys & key chains but I was afraid to throw any of them out ;) )
    - and we made more bird feeders because the birds ate all the seeds off of the first batch & the girls were worried the birds would all starve! :laughing:

Okay. I think that's it. For now. :p

11. jjzollman

Those potatoes look awesome!!!

12. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've been a lazy butt recently but with going back to work Monday I will be doing kid crafts...

When this first hit facebook and everyone was sharing it Connie did it at work (I've seen it pinned so it counts!) and the kids at day care seriously couldn't even wait to eat them until the spaghetti sauce hit the plate.

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I linked this on my pinterest and made them this morning: Emily Bites blog: banana pancake bites. Instead of bananas, I used blueberries and I did not have a mini muffin pan, so I just used a 12 muffin pan. They turned out really well and the kids LOVED them.

14. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Sewers, you have got to do this! I can't tell you how many times I have dropped my bobbin cases and watched them unroll all over my floor. This was quick and fairly easy to complete. I used tubing that was 5/8" outer diameter and 1/2 inner diameter (DH just happened to have it laying around). I cut enough for both the bobbins with string already on it and the empties.

15. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

I was just thinkikng... Hmmmm what little projects can I do with the girls next week during spring break (no preschool for them and no work for me).... and then I found those super cute and simple BIRD FEEDERS! PERFECTO!!!

16. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I made a Lazy Sunday Casserole tonight. I loved it but dh was not as thrilled with it. I did not even try to feed the kids it. THey had mac/cheese. The fennel root was good.. added a lot to it. I'd make it again!

17. MNTwinSquared

18. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Loving this thread! I am late to the party here since we have been away, but here are a few of the recipes we have tried & liked.....

Parmesan honey pork roast sounds like a weird combination, but was really good & liked by all but the non meat eaters in our house.

Bruschetta Pasta Everyone's favorite pasta in our house, eaten by all 5 kids. Don't use spaghetti, it is almost impossible to get the tomato mixture mixed in, penne or something similar works much better.

We also tried the Mexican Stuffed Shells & we all loved them.

I made this cleaner and it works great on tubs & showers including the glass walls of my shower which I have never been able to clean easily (they are the bane of my existence!). Just make sure to use sparingly and rinse, rinse, and rinse again or it is VERY slippery.

19. Kendra

Okay, beyond incredibly easy and almost not worth notice but I just did this on the edge of my desk. I ain't no fancy.

1 person likes this.
  20. ECUBitzy

Kendra, I've tried that one at work and at home! Both desks are too wide (deep? thick?) to hold the clips. Poo.

21. Kendra

I use a old Hoosier cabinet as my computer desk with the enamel shelf for my keyboard. it slides and the medium clips I had fit over the lower slider.

22. MNTwinSquared

I just made Cannoli Cream Cups for an after school snack. The kids are so-so on it. It is interesting. Not as dessert type as I would have imagined.

23. MNTwinSquared

24. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

25. MNTwinSquared

I made Taco Rollups the other night and although they tasted fine, the amount of stuff you use to fill has to be so small, if you use too much they do not roll very well. Perhaps my shells were too small. ?

26. MNTwinSquared

[​IMG]

First/Last day of school. Last minute but using IPAD really worked well!

1 person likes this.
  27. ECUBitzy

Jackie, that is so cute!

I'm tackling a dresser this week for the girls' room. I've read a half dozen tutorials on painting any type of furniture on Pinterest so now I'm taking a big, ugly $20 CL find and I'm going to try to make it awesome. I'll post after pictures if it turns out. If its a bomb I might pretend I never tried. ;)

1 person likes this.
  28. rrodman

I make tons of Pinterest recipes and forget to post. I made Gnocchi Mac and Cheese tonight. (no link--on phone). I'll let you know how it is, but it looks amazing. It's like some brilliant combo of gnocchi and Mac n cheese. Why have I never thought of this?!?!

29. ECUBitzy

Gnocchi and Mac and Cheese?? Yes, please return with a review and link. That sounds amazing.

30. rrodman

It was amazing. Amazing amazing amazing. My son is currently screaming and crying at bein forced to try a bite, but my husband and I loved it.

Here's the link. http://thecuttingedgeofordinary.blogspot.com/2010/10/gnocchi-mac-cheese.html?m=1

31. jjzollman

Looks delicious! My boys would be the same way, Rachael. Hope he tries it!

32. rrodman

He did finally eat a small bite. So much drama. But it was oh so good. And decadent, but it really only has a half cup of gruyere and fontina (1/4 c each) and then a third cup Parmesan on top. It's cheesy, but it's not ridiculous. It's smaller amounts of really flavorful cheeses. It was amazing.

33. Kendra

VERY very very first try but I decided to try and make an e-reader cover tonight. Inspiration = attempt. I can see where I can tweek it.

34. ECUBitzy

There's my girl! Well done, woman!

I was hoping to make an upholstered headboard for our room this month, but my dumb car had the battery die today. Maybe I can still make it happen? I'll post inspiration and after if I can coerce the husband into helping. ;)

35. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

We made these pretzels yesterday. The kids really enjoyed them.