Pinterest Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Yum! I repinned to try these for the girls.

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I would suggest lowering the temperature to 475. I started out at 500 and had to drop it as they were browning too quickly. It is based off of a recipe from King Arthur Flour and theirs was cooked at 475. Also, don't do what I did and think parchment paper was a good substitute for oiling the baking tray. Apparently it has a temp rating of 420. My paper was good and brown on the edges when I pulled it out. Much longer and it might have burned.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Speaking of pretzels, I made these, and they were so yummy! Even my husband, who isn't a fan of a lot of sweets, couldn't stop eating them.

4. tinalb

Easier than linking all the recipes I have tried, here is a link to my board of food that I have tried & that we all liked. If I try something & we don't like it, I just delete the pin, but if we like it I move it to that board.

5. tinalb

Attached Files:

6. ECUBitzy

I made a headboard this weekend! I'm spastic excited and cannot wait to link a picture tomorrow. Every moment that we caught a break between sick kiddos I was working on it and my hands are so sore. :)

Et VOILA!

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

This recipe received rave reviews here. I did put a wee bit more sour cream than it called for, used ground beef, and only put a little bit of the pasta's water in it. Creamy Taco Mac

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I've done a lot of pinterest stuff in the last few days.

Last night I made up Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells. It was great! My oldest son was the only one who did not care for it, but it was about halfway through his portion that he decided that. Even my picky 4 year old liked it and my daughter asked for seconds!

That morning, I made up some Time-Out bottles for the kids. Not necessarily for time outs, but they do work in that way as well. Clayton picked Ruby colored glitter, Audrey picked Purple and Evan chose black.

This morning I made Caramel Apple Crisp. DH just ran to the store to get some cinnamon ice cream to go with it. We have not tasted it yet, but it smells delish!

9. ECUBitzy

Wanted to update some fabulous recipes that we've had recently:

Pork Loin- I did this with Party Potatoes and it was delish! I ended up doubling the gravy recipe and I strained the veggies out of it (to plate under the pork loin). Paul loved it!

Roast Chicken- Seriously one of the best/easiest chicken recipes I've made. And I roast a lot of chicken!

Honey Beer Chicken- A friend recommended this one and we LOVED it! Wanted to lick the sauce off the pan.

And then some random DIY:

I helped my sister (meaning I did everything while she bossed me around) make a t-shirt quilt as a gift for a friend.

Make an earring holder.

And I'm in the process of making a bunch of signs so that I can put one of these up in my yard!

There's more, but that's already a ton of over share!

10. ECUBitzy

Okay, I'm ready to revive the Pinterest Challenge! Who's with me??

11. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Oh! Me! Me! 

12. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You could twist my arm to join in.

13. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Although I definitely have a lot of stuff that I have pinned that I haven't done, I really do try to work from my pins.  This is especially true for recipes. 

I was surprised when these Low Carb Pancakes actually worked.  Now they aren't light and fluffy like real pancakes by any means, but they were an acceptable vessel for sugar free syrup.

We have all enjoyed these Baked Egg Cups.  I use some black forrest ham for the base and cook for 15 minutes.  I did learn the hard way that the ham does not keep the egg from sticking from the muffin tins so use Pam.

My mom and dad had a bumper crop of poblanos this year and I made up some of these Cheesy Stuffed Poblano Peppers.  It made a lot of stuffing.  I am sure it would work with regular peppers if you cannot stand the heat.  I was shocked that all of my kids did fine with them.

I don't remember if I ever posted some of these, but since Christmas is approaching scary fast and they were successful gifts, I figure I will repost.  I did a Fort Kit like this for the boys and all 4 of them still play with it.  They love to build a tent in their room and go "camping" for the night.  Normally they start on the floor and end up in their beds.  I also made the boys Lego Boxes but I was only inspired by the pin.  I used a small hard cardboard box thing from the craft store, painted them 3 different colors, and then cut up a Lego catalouge for pictures and mod podged them on the top.  These are their travel boxes for when we are in the camper.  Nathan is miffed that he can stick quite a few loose pieces in his box but once he creates with those pieces they won't fit back in.  He likes to keep his creations for an eternity so he gets upset when he has to take it apart.  Needless to say he chooses to mainly bring mini figs now and sets up armies of chararcters.

I used this idea for a Pirate Costume last year when my boys went on a Disney Cruise with MIL.  I found some clothes that would work at the local charity shop (Goodwill style).  I need to find all the pieces again as we are going on a cruise in November.

This is my 9,000th post BTW

1 person likes this.