Places to hold babies throughout the house

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Debbiemichelle, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Up until next week, we will always have had two people full time caring for the babies. When my husband returns to work, it will be just me all day. What do you use throughout your house to hold the babies?

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

- pack-n-play with bassinet insert in our bed room
    - boppies in the livingroom - before they were rolling i left them on the couch sitting sideways. This is also were i fed them. Later we moved to the floor on a blanket.
    - the changing table was in their room. i usually carried one baby in and put him in the crib (great to have a mobile here!) then brought the other in, changed and swapped.
    - i also had a hand me down bassinet that i could wheel from one room to another.. did not use it a lot, but sometimes it was handy.

I HIGHLY recommend a Moby wrap! So comfortable to wear and allows you to easily hold two little babies.
    there are even ways to get both in the wrap but i didn't know about that until my LOs were bigger.

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bouncy seats. Lightweight, easy to carry from room to room, perfect recline for them to sleep in, easy to undo the straps with one hand. I had 2 and it was wonderful. Any time we were busy the babies went into them, #1 it kept them off the floor, #2 they were easy to transport to another room, #3 it kept them out from under the feet of my 2 older kids ;)

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I second the moby wrap, I used it with Jackson all the time, now I use the ergos.

We have their crib, pnp, bouncy seats, boppy pillows, boppy loungers, their play mat, and swings. Pnp and swings gets used the most. One of the bouncy seats was a hand me down and one I got at a consignment shop, I got the boppy pillows at a consignment shop, and bought the loungers at target.

My husband was home for a month and then went back to work, it took some time to get into the swing of things by myself but not too long, you'll make it work!

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

We use swings, bouncers, their playmats, their reclining feeding seats in the kitchen, and we also prop them in the corner of the chair or couch with a pillow if it's just going to be a moment.

6. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

In a pinch, I'll put them facing each other in their car seats if I need a few min to use the bathroom or get dinner started. They actually like it -- they'll "talk" to each other and try to trade toys. Moby never worked for us -- both of mine HATED it.

7. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

In the early days, we stayed in our living room the whole day. I had two swings in there and they were really happy in them. I didn't start napping them in the crib till about 3 months old when they were on a more consistent schedule. But I'm in a 1000sf apartment, so there really aren't a lot of places to GO in my house lol. In my room, they just stayed on my bed; since my kids roll over pretty late, I didn't have to worry about them falling off.