play yard suggestions?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lv2bmommy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. lv2bmommy

lv2bmommy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Samuel and Grace are on the move now - not fully crawling yet, but more "dragging" themselves where ever they want to go. Still VERY effective!! [​IMG]

I was wondering if any of you have good play yard suggestions. I never had one with Rachel, but it's really hard to keep up with all 3 of them, so I thought it might be helpful. Especially to keep them away from the Christmas tree too!! [​IMG]

Thanks for any ideas and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Kim

2. lv2bmommy

Hi everyone! Samuel and Grace are on the move now - not fully crawling yet, but more "dragging" themselves where ever they want to go. Still VERY effective!! [​IMG]

I was wondering if any of you have good play yard suggestions. I never had one with Rachel, but it's really hard to keep up with all 3 of them, so I thought it might be helpful. Especially to keep them away from the Christmas tree too!! [​IMG]

Thanks for any ideas and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Kim

3. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

We have 2 lil playzones from onestepahead (put together). We like them (sturdier, toys built in), but they are more expensive. We got larger blue foam mats from ToysRUs.

4. lv2bmommy

Did you buy any extensions with your playzones from one step?? I just looked at their website and they are a little expensive, but they look like great ones. I was just wondering if one without the extensions would be big enough for Samuel and Grace to fit in? Thanks for the help!

Anyone else have others they like???

Kim

5. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

Instead of extensions, I purchased 2 playzones and connected them together. It's plenty big enough for both of them.

6. lv2bmommy

[​IMG]
    Just bumping up for any more suggestions - thanks!

Kim

7. LisaJB

LisaJB Well-Known Member

From what I've seen there aren't many options out there. There's the Super Yard, which many folks seem to have. I don't like the looks of it at all -- to me it looks like you've put a long fence in your living room -- and so I'm going with the lil playzone Safari mentioned. (We just ordered one of the playzones, plus two extensions; from the one step ahead website it looks like that actually gives you more square footage than getting two of the playzones, who knows). I actually haven't seen any others. We were just at a relative's home for Thanksgiving and they had one from their kid that they took out for us...seemed great until I tried to google it and found it was recalled years ago!