Playroom ideas?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by amymarie3, Jun 15, 2011.

1. amymarie3

amymarie3 Well-Known Member

I am looking for some great ideas for the playroom for my 15 month old twins. The room that we use is our front living room. The toys that I have for them are good but many of them are for younger kids.

What are your one year olds favorite toys? I am also looking for storage and things that the boys can climb on.

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

In the last month or two, our boys have really gotten into MegaBloks, as well as any kind of trains or cars they can push around. They also like boxes and things to put in and out and anything they can put together and take apart again (blocks, things with buckles and latches, etc.). They also love the Little People things, and my mom recently got them a set of musical instruments.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here is our playroom: Playroom

I LOVE it! I'm thrilled with how it all came out. As for toys...building blocks-wooden, mega, duplo; Little People sets; balls....

As for climbing, we have the Kangaroo Climber, but that stays outside, but could easily be inside.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Megablocks, vacuum cleaner, shopping cart, dollhouse, stroller, toy pianos, toy guitars, cars & trucks, trains, books, magazines, toddler couch, basketball hoop, tunnel, telephones, wooden blocks.

Meaghan: That room is awesome!!!!

5. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

Slides! We have a climber/slide combo and another small slide (both ages 1-3) and they love them. I moved them outside for the summer and they barely touch them, but inside they are on them all day. I also feel it helped build strength all that climbing! Megablocks are fun. Trucks that push around and haul things (even my girls like these).

6. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

My mom bought my girls oversized tennis balls that they can't get enough of. They have a push and ride bus and a Bilibo that are great. We also got some great squishy blocks from Target from the B. You company (I think that's the name).

My mom bought my girls oversized tennis balls that they can't get enough of. They have a push and ride bus and a Bilibo that are great. We also got some great squishy blocks from Target from the B. You company (I think that's the name).

7. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

We also got a Kangaroo Climber when the boys were about 16 months old. It did wonders for their coordination and physical confidence! :good: They also *loved* ride-on toys when they were that age. Just make sure you have 2! ;)

8. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

We got a huge 53" stuffed teddy bear at Costco a few weeks ago. The girls LOVE climbing him, snuggling with him. He was pretty inexpensive too - $30. We also threw every extra pillow in the house in the corner of the room. The girls dig around and bury themselves in those every day.

The only other toy that consistently holds their attention is a Mick Mouse push/ride on car that we got a BRU.

We have tons of other toys, but none others get daily use.:(

9. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

what is a kangaroo climber?

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmm. Looks like they discontinued it, but have something similar:
    Kangaroo Climber