Playtex Tumblers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinboys07, Jul 31, 2009.

1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

We have a mess of sippy cups - a million different brands, only half have lids... it's utter mayhem!!

So, I am deciding to switch to the Playtex Sipsters (level 3, I think) exclusively. However, Jackson is my eternal independent spirit, and I am sure he will be "too big for sippies" next week (or so). I came across Playtex Tumblers online and am wondering if anyone has experience with them. Are they any good? Are they REALLY spill-proof? Do the tops interchange with the Playtex Sipsters? If so, I might just order some of those along with a few Sipsters replacement tops and get rid of all of the other brands cluttering my home and life.

Any insight is much appreciated! :)

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Do you have a link? I'm not sure what they are!

3. twinboys07

My link

Here is the link but I am answering my own question with the link - this site says they ARE interchangeable. I think I'll try them!

4. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the same boat with about a 1/2 dozen different sippies and looking for an upgrade. I hope some people respond. Or maybe you could you post a product review once you've tried them?

5. sdgmitchell

sdgmitchell Member

We use Playtex exclusively. All other cups are awful. Playtex are interchangeable. Any cup can go with any lid basically. Every once in a blue moon I will have a leak but it is usually because the lid is not screwed on tight. I put the valves in one section of my dishwasher basket in the dishwasher and everthing else on the top rack to wash. Good luck. I even have some cups that are at least 3 yrs old that are still working great.

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I ditto PP, we are almost exclusively Playtex (now...after some frustration with other brands). And ours do leak a bit here and there, but if the plug is old, or not firmly attached, this will happen.

My one gripe about the tumblers is that they tip easily. They seem to be top heavy so they are CONSTANTLY getting knocked over very easily. I know it might seem trivial, but it was enough for me to ditch them. :blush:

I bought the Nalgene cups recently from Target and LOVE them.

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Well-Known Member

Hmmm, we have been looking to get something new. Those Nalgene cups look great! We haven't had any trouble with regular sippies - we use a few differnet brands and love all of them. But, I'm looking for something a little less "sippy cup" looking.

8. sj3g

sj3g Well-Known Member

Are these cups dishwasher safe? And, do they require valves? They look terrific, especially if the answers to the questions I just asked are Yes, and No, in that order. :lol:

9. twinboys07

Sure thing - I ordered a couple of the lids last night!

10. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Yes, top rack dishwasher safe. And yes (sorry!) they do have a valve. BUT, it's a big one and soooo easy to remove/replace/clean. It's not the little valves like the Playtex have. And...you don't have to use a valve. Of course, it would pour out, but there is that option.