PLEASE HELP ME! Heartbroken 13 year old!

Discussion in 'General' started by momof5, Jun 3, 2015.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

My 7th grade ID twins are very best friends. Same interest, friends etc. One passed 7th grade. One did not. They go to a private school. The 7th grader is NOT a discipline problem but because she failed she is not allowed back at that school. How do you have ID twins in 2 grades??!! She's devastated! Please help!!!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Was this a shock or were there signs leading up to this outcome?  I'd say give it some time... put a positive spin on it (if possible).  I worry about mine being put in the same situation at some point. 

1 person likes this.
  3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is hard.

Do you have any options for the girl who has to repeat perhaps in a different school district or online to catch up? Heck, even homeschooling for a year with the intent to catch up and re-enroll next year? I would be doing my research to see what options are actually available first.

Then, assuming every rock has been turned over and she has to be behind a year, let her know you've looked but this is the only choice for her. They are different people and this totally sucks but it's what's best for her. Listen to her and let her vent.

2 people like this.
  4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You've gotten some good advice from both Jackie and Michelle.  I can only imagine how heartbroken she must be.  I am a little confused as to why she cannot stay at the same school, even though she did not pass 7th grade.  Is summer school an option for her?  
    I know in my kids' school if a child fails a grade, the family has to find an approved summer school for the child to attend for the child to come back to school the following school year.
    I agree with giving it time, allowing her to vent and grieve and once every stone has been turned over acknowledging how hard this is for her but going to a new school might be the best environment for her.

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've often worried about this situation, too.  I dont have any advice but wanted to say I'm sorry your girls are having to go through this. 
    I hope there are some options where she can do extra credit or summer school and possibly get caught up and move on to highschool with her sis.
    That's so tough.  :(
    My neighbors twins are at different schools (one is a behavior problem) and they seem to be doing okay.  I know its different with grades though because people will always ask and your girl could get down on herself.
    Look into what you can do to help her.  *hugs*