Please help me organize

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by firemedic, Dec 4, 2006.

1. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Ok I need some help. My house is an organizational disaster and I need help. I am on a very cheap budget.

We have been using a pack-n-play in the living room as a changing table, storage for shoes, diapers, coats etc. E&E are now over the weight limit of the changing table so I need to get rid of it. I don't know what to do with all of the shoes, diapers, etc. I thought about the wire cube system with the cloth baskets but I think E&E would be pulling everything out all the time. Any suggestions?

2. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Ok I need some help. My house is an organizational disaster and I need help. I am on a very cheap budget.

We have been using a pack-n-play in the living room as a changing table, storage for shoes, diapers, coats etc. E&E are now over the weight limit of the changing table so I need to get rid of it. I don't know what to do with all of the shoes, diapers, etc. I thought about the wire cube system with the cloth baskets but I think E&E would be pulling everything out all the time. Any suggestions?

3. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

I'm in kind of the same situation, but we have solved one small problem. We had little shoes everywhere and Elliot and Clarissa would play with them so we could never find a pair.

DH took a 1"x4" board, painted it white, and nailed it up above the kitchen windows. It's the perfect size for holding all the shoes, and it keeps them out of reach of little hands. Here is a picture to give you an idea.

Now we're just drowning in coats and snowsuits, and having the problem you describe of the twins pulling all their clothes out of the baskets where they're supposed to be kept.

Good luck figuring things out.

-Rachel

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

quote:
    E&E are now over the weight limit of the changing table so I need to get rid of it.

What is the weight limit on the changing table part of the pack and play?

I got a hanging storage think from ikea that I have their shoes in.
    I also have 2 of the pop up hampers, that holds there toys and stuff.

5. 2for1

2for1 Well-Known Member

we have an over the door net shoe holder that we keep all their shoes in on the garage side of tha garage door that comes into the house. Does that make any sense? You can't actually see it from the inside of the house, but their shoes are always right at the door when we are leaving. I got it at Bed bath and beyond.

6. stinabina

stinabina Well-Known Member

we have a basket of shoes and in the closet we installed a small shelf at the kids height to hang coats, on the top of hte shelf we have 2 baskets with mittens and hats.

we also used to use those hanging sweater bags thin.gs they hang from your closet rod and have 5-6 shelves, usually fabric. they are great for organizing things in closets... 1 for jammies, 1 for shoes, 1 for onesies, 1 for hats.

now we redid all the closets with a california closet type organizer and use the 12x12x12 storage bins in the babies room. it really organzies their stuff great. they are also the perfect height to shove under the crib with toys and things.

7. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

Dh took an old 2x4 and old dowel rod and made a peg board to hang in the garage for coats, hats, with shelf underneath for boots, shoes.

most twin shoes go in a hanging shoe bag that is in the twin closet.
    PT me your email and I will send u a photo of the twins closet. i got the organizer kit from walmart . it's a 3 rod system. Top rod is Rachel, bottom is Alexis. matching is on the other side. Shelves in middle store extra diapers etc.

I still have a regualr changing table with socks, diapers, wipes, and sheets stored on it. I can send photo of that as well. and yes they pull things out but then you can teach them to clean up.