Please pray for me and my family

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by PurpleNurple, Dec 6, 2008.

1. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

Please pray for us. I got word, while participating in a Praise & Worship night for young adults at church, that my father (who is also the Pastor of our church), had collapsed at home and was not breathing. We rushed to the ER and met my mom who was in shock and just shaking. A few moments later the Dr came in to say that they could not revive him.
    We were all able to be there - my mom, 2 of my 3 sisters and my older brother and our spouses. I have a sister in Saskatoon and Grandparents in Saskatoon.
    We think it may have been a heart attack. There was no warning - he was 100% today...I spoke to him on the phone 2 times today, he had people over to the house to fellowship, he worked out with his wii...everything.

We have to make the announcement to the church tomorrow. I would appreciate all your prayers for wisdom and peace.
    Both my younger twin sisters are pregnant right now - about 1 month apart.
    My dad was 57 (just turned 57 in Sept).

On the 27th last month, My Grandpere (Mom's dad) passed away at 99 years old
    The next day, the 28th, My Uncle (my mom's sister's ex husband) died suddenly at 75.

We are shaken, but not knocked down. God is greater than anything that might come against us. And the assurance we have is that my dad is standing in the Glory of God tonight.

Please pray for my mom....she is understandably shaken. They just celebrated their 34th (??) wedding anniversary on November 11th and they just got back from a Trans-Atlantic Cruise. Please pray that we will know how to tell our twins tomorrow. They loved their Grandpa SO much...they spent alot of time with him and my mom and I hope they can keep the memories alive.

I am in shock myself, kindda numb...angry. Just pray please.

Emily

2. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Emily, I am so sorry! My Dad is about the same age, and I can't imagine him leaving us either. I know you are shaken. You and your family are in my thoughts. :hug:

3. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

:eek: I am so so sorry.

Prayers for your family. :hug:

4. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

5. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your losses. You and yours are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

6. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

You have my deepest condolences.

7. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

8. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

9. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

What a tragic loss! I'm very sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts. :hug:

10. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so very sorry for your loss. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

11. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! It sounds as if he had a life surrounded by loving people- what a blessing! I will definitely pray for peace and comfort for you and your family! :hug:

edited for spelling

12. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

On, Emily, losing someone that you think is perfectly healthy is the worst. My grandmother passed the same way, here and fine one day, gone the next. That was 6 years ago and I sometimes still have a hard time believing she's gone because it was so sudden.

Your family is in my prayers!!

13. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

14. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss

15. li li

li li Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. I hope that you and yours find the love and support around you to help you through. You are in my thoughts. :hug:

16. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you and yours for this tragic loss.

17. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and your family. You have been through a lot recently.

18. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

OH Em! :hug: I don't know what to say that would be of comfort! :hug: I can just tell you that I am so sorry for your loss!! He was certainly so very young!!

Allow yourself to grieve!! It's natural. (Anger is part of that!)

I don't know if you participate in the Religion Forum on TS, but you might consider it. You will probably find a great deal of comfort there!!

19. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Emily. You and your family will be in my thoughts...

20. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm so sorry. :hug:

21. gracyngarrett0905

gracyngarrett0905 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Your family is in my prayers.

22. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Emily, I am so very sorry for your loss :hug:. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

23. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I am truly so very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. Please lean on us if you need to. We are here for you. :grouphug:

24. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. He sounds like a very well-loved man, and I am sure he will be deeply missed. My prayers are with you.

25. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. :(

26. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss :grouphug:.

27. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my daddy. HUGS to you and your family. I am glad you know your dad is with our Lord. I hope things go well with your church today. Update us and talk if you need too. Also join us in the Families for Christ forum is you need some Christian support :)

Brandy

28. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Emily, I am so sorry. I know there are no words right now. My dad passed suddenly at age 54. I was 21 y/o. It was just so devastating and changed my life forever.

:hug: :hug: :hug: I am so sorry. Sending you my thoughts.

29. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I am so sorry!! :cry: :hug: I will keep your family in my prayers for sure. :hug:

30. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts this holiday season.

31. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Last year we had two deaths so close to one another and so I know how it is when they come like that.

HUGS

32. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

So very sorry to hear of your loss. :hug:

33. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

Please accept our sympathies-what a shock for all of you. We will most definatley keep you in our thoughts. I am so very, very sorry.

34. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

35. EMc2

EMc2 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry too Emily. You saying your father was standing in God's glory tonight brought tears to my eyes. "I can only imagine" came to mind, I'm sure as much as your father wishes he could have spent more time here with your family that he's dancing with delight. He sounds like he's left a very good legacy and won't ever be forgotten.
    I can speak from expierence, I lost my mom when she was only 52, your life will be profoundly different. The loss never goes away but does diminish over time.
    I pray for your family to find the strenth to get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.