Please pray for me and my family

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by PurpleNurple, Dec 6, 2008.

1. caba

caba Banned

I'm so terribly sorry. My thoughts are with you.

2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug: Emily. I am so sorry! :hug:

3. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Emily, I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

4. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in the same way. It was so very hard on our whole family. You will have a very special angel in heaven. I wish you peace and hope your heart heals in time.

5. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

I am thinking of you and your family
    i am so sorry this happened.

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug:

7. whosermomma

whosermomma Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about your loss! :( I lost my dad almost 2 years ago, and he was around the same age as your dad. :hug: I had to trust in the Lord more than ever then. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. :hug: I will be praying for you and your whole family.

8. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

9. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep both you and your family in my thoughts x

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sorry! :hug:

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

12. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so incredibly tough but you will make it through and be even stronger with him watching over you. I lost my mom 2 years ago at 56 and it still hurts. As a pp said, the pain doesn't get easier you just learn how to cope. With my kids we talk about my mom all the time. I have pics everywhere, I don't even want them to forget who that is in the picture. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Emily-I am sorry to hear of your families loss. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. God will be there to help you tell your little ones that their grandpa is with him now.
    Again...so sorry.

14. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

15. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

My deepest symapthy goes to you and your family :hug: I'm so very sorry for your loss.

16. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

17. djpizzuti

djpizzuti Well-Known Member

What gorgeous pictures, and what beautiful memories... I am sitting here crying I am so sad for you and your family. What a wonderful legacy he has left, to be so loved.

18. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

Emily,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I can't even begin to imagine how painful this is for you and your family. Thank you for sharing the photo, what special memories they will hold for you.

:grouphug:

19. LB

LB Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss...In 2006 I had the twins. In Feb and March of 2007 my mother died of cancer and my grandmother (her mother) died of a heart attack. It was the most difficult time of my life (they were my only family) and realized that even though my mother only had 3 months with her only grandkids they were born at that time to get me through what was coming. I don't think I would have made it through if I didn't have these 2 precious babies that needed me. I pray that God will give you strength to get through such a difficult time. I kept telling myself that I wouldn't get any more than I could handle..

20. 40+mom

40+mom Well-Known Member

Hugs, hugs and more hugs. We lost my dad at age 62 many years ago, very suddenly. It was such a shock -- it seemed like days before it sunk in and became "real." May the Lord bring you and your family peace and an easing of your grief.

40+mom

21. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Emily I am so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

22. whosermomma

whosermomma Well-Known Member

The pictures are absolutely wonderful! I have created an album with my dad and all of his children and grandchildren. I almost feel my children were cheated when he died. :( I am so sorry you are dealing with this right now. :( My heart really does go out to you and your family. :hug:

23. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

Thank you for everyone's support. I have never lost anyone so close to me before and the feelings are all new. Each day has its own challenges and I know my husband is trying to prepare himself for possibly losing his job, which I keep telling him is NOT going to happen....I trust that whomever comes in to be our Pastor will recognize the role my husband plays. I am confident in that.

We had a whole family meeting tonight about the memorial service and what is going to happen. We are expecting it to be packed out. We will also broadcast live, online. It is going to happen on Sunday Morning.

We did get the official coroner's report in and it turned out, it was Heart Disease - and that it could have been prevented had my dad gone to a Dr. and gone on meds. But he hadn't been to the Dr in years and just didn't bother with check ups and stuff. And I know he likely didn't want to worry my mom, who has had worries of her own. And then the stress of life, and stress on his heart....it all played a factor.

I think this has helped me have some closure....I guess.....it has made me a bit mad, but I am trying to understand. My dad just couldn't afford to be seen as "weak" in such a time as this - you have no idea what he went through this summer with the church. It was so hard.

Thank you for letting me post, sometimes it just feel nice to talk.
    We talked to the kids about things this evening. They had kindda picked up some things over the past day or so, and I had mentioned some things to them too. They want to look out their windows every night say good night to God and Jesus and Grandpa, which I think is ok. They know that he is in Heaven and to them, heaven is in the sky....and so I want to make sure I let them keep him in their memory in their own way. It breaks my heart that they will never see him again, on this earth.

Thank you, everyone for your support!

24. Renald99

Renald99 Well-Known Member