PLEASE REMEMBER THIS

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by momof5, Apr 25, 2010.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

A little boy a few towns away died after getting tangled in the cord from his mini blind. Please do what you have to do to keep your little ones safe from these cords.

2. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

So sad !! We have these "S" shaped hooks that we put on the wall up HIGH and then wrap the cord around in an "S" shape. it works really well for us.

3. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

We always rolled up the loose part of the cord (whether open or closed) and hooked it around the top corner of the blinds where they screw into the frame. I've heard too many stories about kids getting hurt or worse on them. Even the blinds that are two strings rather than a loop can still be a problem.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Always a good reminder! But so sad about another child dying that way. :(

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Someone on another forum I go to lost her 2.5 yo last year to cords too - and they were out of reach! I will not allow any kind of blinds with cords in my house for that reason.

There's a good site about it: Parents for window blinds safety. Of course there are scary stories, but also good explanations of how kids can get tangled in blinds, even in spots you wouldn't expect.