plus size maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by firemedic, Sep 24, 2007.

1. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any stores that have them? I hate ordering online because with everything being stretchy I don't want to have to return things if they are too tight.

2. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I found the most of mine at Target & Burlington Coat factory, but motherhood maternity did have some, but not very much.

3. dunkles

dunkles Active Member

I'm lucky that my Motherhood has an in-store plus size section, and I've ordered a lot from JC Penny.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have a Destination Maternity that carries Motherhood clothes but not the plus size, now plus size is all that will cover my belly! I've been ordering mine online from motherhood.com.

5. twinmommy2ank

twinmommy2ank Well-Known Member

Love the Plus Size Maternity Clothing! I have lots of them ranging in all sizes...hmmm I'll post them soon. I'll take pics tonight and get them on here by tomorrow!

6. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

I found that some clothes at Lane Bryant and The Avenue, even though they weren't specifically maternity, were built roomy enough that they've fit my ever expanding belly. I'm on the short side, so I found that by buying a couple of larger pairs of average lenth knit pants, I was able to pull the (looser) elastic band over my baby hump. ;)

7. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I got mine from Motherhood and JCPenney, but some of my stuff was just one size bigger or stretchy so I could wear it after without feeling like I'd been stuck in maternity clothes forever.

8. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I found a pretty good selection at Kohls and JCPenney and Sears. There's a Motherhood here but most of the clothes there are wayyyy to long for me. (I'm really short.) Our store didn't have much in the way of short/petite sizes, much less petite plus!

Also, Target and Walmart had some good deals too. (I got my bathing suit at Target and some cute t-shirts.)

9. Grandma2TwinBoys

Grandma2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

My daughter had some luck at Old Navy, not a huge selection in the stores but found some online. She found a couple of pairs of jeans and just wore XXL t-shirts over them. Her belly didn't get that big though, so that was in her favor.

Good luck!

10. BJAMs

BJAMs Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dunkles @ Sep 24 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]421348[/snapback]
    I'm lucky that my Motherhood has an in-store plus size section, and I've ordered a lot from JC Penny.

Ditto, here.
    Michelle

11. ErickaK

ErickaK Well-Known Member

Sears has plus size maternity clothes

Also if you can find the bigger Motherhood Maternity stores they usually have a plus section

I had gotten a lot from Fashion Bug online, but I think they just discontinued their maternity line

Lane Bryant has a maternity line now