PLus Size Maternity

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nikki_0724, Nov 7, 2007.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I never had to buy maternity clothes when i was pg with the boys.. with all the weight loss i had due to being sick i was able to wear my regular clothes.. This time around I have alot of extra fat and skin where im already having trouble fitting into my regular clothes.. I know motherhood sells them but im looking for stores I can actually try them on at.. i dont want to order off line for fear they wont fit.

thanks nikki

2. reeba1976

reeba1976 Well-Known Member

I happened to visit a motherhood maternity when I was shopping about 2 hours from here. I also got a good pair of maternity pants from Sears, and I think that JC Penny has some plus size too.

3. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nikki_0724 @ Nov 7 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]486056[/snapback]
    I never had to buy maternity clothes when i was pg with the boys.. with all the weight loss i had due to being sick i was able to wear my regular clothes.. This time around I have alot of extra fat and skin where im already having trouble fitting into my regular clothes.. I know motherhood sells them but im looking for stores I can actually try them on at.. i dont want to order off line for fear they wont fit.

thanks nikki

Walmart
    I know Old Navy has some bigger sizes maybe to 18's/20's maternity
    there's another store I can't think of the name if I do I'll be back

4. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

I just got some at Sear's yesterday. Other than that JcPenney online has an outlet and I got several shirts for $5-10. Very reasonable.

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

JCP online is GREAT but their stuff does shrink incredibly so you may need to order slightly bigger...also Motherhood Maternity has an entire plus size section...

6. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

I loved the stuff I ordered from JCP. If it doesn't fit you can return to the store too. I didn't find it to shrink like PP said but all the stuff I ordered was summer stuff (preg w/ twins in FL summer heat was miserable so I wore as little as possible) that might have made a difference.

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I found the best selection at Kohls and Sears. Kohls is great for having really affordable clothes. I got several t-shirts for $6 each, which was great. (I love a good deal!)

8. krisnmike04

krisnmike04 Active Member

I've found the best deals at Old Navy -I love them!! Also, Burlington Coat Factory has a great selection, too!!

9. mdjones118

mdjones118 Member

I have had really good luck with JCP like the others have said. Most motherhood maternity stores have a plus size section in the back. It is not as large as the regular sizes, but they never are. Old Navy carries plus size maternity in their stores as well usually and Gap online has a decent selection.

I had not tried Sears, but I will need to since as everyone here can relate to, I look like I am at least 5 months already.

10. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

Depending on how big you need them, I found that the only place I found a good selection of size 3x was Motherhood.

11. allywise225

allywise225 Well-Known Member

We have a bunch of cute stuff at our Target store. Otherwise I've had good luck with just buying sweaters and stuff at Lane Bryant ... they have stuff that is long enough to cover the belly :icon_biggrin:

Allison

12. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

Lane Bryant also has maternity clothes. I'm not sure if they are catalog only or if they have them in some stores. (They don't have them in the store here.)