Plus Size maternity

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nikki_0724, May 27, 2008.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Most stores that carry plus size do not have plus size tall in maternity making all pants WAY to big and short.

I know I can probably find things online but I dont like buying things unless I cant try them on. I need atleast a 36' inseam and I can never seem to find them.

Who carries tall plus size?

Any Suggestions?

thanks

2. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I was able to find things at Sears, and also Motherhood (but not all stores carry the plus - so you have to ask). Other than that, I ordered online from JCPenny and Lane Bryant.

3. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I found most of mine at sears, and I have found a couple pair of plain black maternity pants (can be casual or for dress) at Kohl's

4. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I found tall maternity clothes thru JC Penney's on-line.

5. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

I found alot of nice things at Burlington Coat Factory

6. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I'm short, but I found the best plus size maternity stuff at Gap & Old Navy. Do you wear capris? Summer's coming & those might be easier to find.

7. berebunch31

berebunch31 Well-Known Member

JC Penney online and maternity catalog is where I got almost all of my maternity clothing.

8. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

I got mine at old navy. The online selection was better but you could still fine some good stuff in the store.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My SIL is tall -and plus size - she found some great stuff at JC Penney (online). She found a few things at the actual store but a greater selection on line!!

10. JediMom

JediMom Well-Known Member

I am 5'11" and the last pair of mat plus sized jeans I got from Motherhood Mat. were pretty darn long. I couldn't believe how long they were!

My problem is more the shirts than anything else. All of my shirts are too short now :( They show the panel in the front. At this point, I just don't care anymore!

11. davispigeon

davispigeon Active Member

Lane Bryant DOES have a maternity line...only online though.

12. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

Try JC Penny.

13. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

I was already wearing XL from Target, Motherhood, and Kohl's and I am only 20 weeks preggo. I was concerned that I would have to go through my last trimester in a mumu but my mom bought me some maternity tops from JC Penny that she found on sale over the weekend in XL and 2XL. The XL are very big and LONG on me but are super comfy. They are soft fabric and will definately fit me through the rest of my pregnancy. I am 5"6 but the XL are at least a quarter of the way down my thighs. I have not looked for myself, but I would say that they are a good options and reason priced. Also this week Kohl's is having a buy one get one free maternity sale for any of you that are interested. Melanie