Poll on eye coloring

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by double-or-nothing, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Baby A

1. brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. hazel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other, please explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Just one of those things that I was totally curious about. Dh and I both have brown eyes. Lorien's eyes are brown and Arwen's eyes are brown but in the light have a tint of green to them.

Did your kids get the same eye coloring as you or dh or both or neither?

Thanks for participating.

2. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

I have blue eyes and DH has brown eyes. Both babies got blue eyes, I'm secretly very glad! My whole family has blue eyes...from every grandparent, to nephew, niece and grandchild.

Bridget

:)

3. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

DH and I both have blue eys, and both of our girls have blue eyes.

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Dh has grayish blue, they are pretty dark. I have hazel. Girls both have blue but Emma's are a clearish and Lauren's are deep. I call Lauren's blueberries because they are such a nice deep blue. Emma is more tropical/Carribean blue.

5. debid

debid Well-Known Member

DH has medium blue eyes. I have a light blue-gray-green shade with a darker ring around the iris. The boys have my eyes except without the green.

Genetics are fascinating!

6. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

DH and I both have brown eyes (mine are darker) and both of our girls have brown eyes too.

7. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

i have brown eyes and dh has hazel green...sometimes his look honey brown and somtimes green...both our girls have blue eyes. gracies are blue like grayish blue...maddies are greenyblue...if that makes sense :) it is fascinating...my mom and dad both have BROWN eyes, and out of three girls i'm the only one with brown eyes..one sister had blue, blue eyes forever and now they are green and the other has green eyes, with a hint of hazelyness to them :)

8. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I have hazel green eyes and DH has brown eyes.

Ali (Baby A) has blue eyes. My mom has blue eyes and so did DH's grandfather. I also think there may have been a few more of DH's grand parents with bkue eyes but I am not entirely sure.

Paige (Baby B) has Hazel with a bit very small bit of green in them right now. My eyes are clearly brown around the rims and green around the iris with more green than brown. My eyes were not as green when I was younger as they are now so I beleive that Paige's eyes will be like mine as she gets older.

9. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

I have blue eyes and DH has brown eyes. Both of our girls have blue eyes. DH's dad is thrilled and thinks they have blue eyes because his mom did-seems to forget mine are blue too.

10. SharonH

SharonH Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ange2k25 @ Aug 27 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]382871[/snapback]
    I have blue eyes and DH has brown eyes. Both of our girls have blue eyes. DH's dad is thrilled and thinks they have blue eyes because his mom did-seems to forget mine are blue too.

You're both right! Probably TMI but blue eyed people can only pass on blue eyed genes (they are recessive) whereas brown eyed people could have either since brown is a dominant trait and will mask other eye colours. Greens and hazels get a bit more tricky.

My kids all ended up with hazel to brown eyes. (DH is brown and I'm blue) I was really hoping DS would keep his blues since they took the longest to turn but "sigh" he didn't. At least I can hope for some blue-eyed grandchildren since I know all they kids have at least 1 blue gene from me :)

11. Rachel P

Rachel P Well-Known Member

Lots of blue-eyed babies! I have hazel eyes and my husband has green eyes. Both of our boys have beautiful, big blue eyes...although I think one boy's eyes are starting to turn green.

12. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I have brown eyes and DH has blue. Both of mine have blue eyes the exact same shade as their daddy's.

13. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I have a brown and a blue. DH's are brown, mine are blue.

14. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

My eyes are hazel/green and DH has dark grey eyes. James (a) has dark brown eyes (like my MIL) with touch of grey and Sean (b ) has hazel/grey eyes. Emma has blue grey eyes and David's eyes are my exact same color.

15. blrsmayo

blrsmayo Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Aug 27 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]382919[/snapback]
    My eyes are hazel/green and DH has dark grey eyes. James (a) has dark brown eyes (like my MIL) with touch of grey and Sean (b ) has hazel/grey eyes. Emma has blue grey eyes and David's eyes are my exact same color.

DH has brown and I have green/hazel. All my babies were born with blue eyes. My oldest DD eyes changed to green when she was 3

16. gyzmotwins

gyzmotwins Well-Known Member

DH and I both have brown hair and eyes... Alonso and Matias are identical. They came out with close to platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. Everyone keeps asking me who is the Norweigien I had an affair with!

Marta :rolleyes:

17. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I have hazel eyes and my DP has grey/blue eyes. Sophie has bright blue eyes and Jack has kinda blue/grey on the outside and hazel on the inside.

18. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

DH has blue eyes, and I have green eyes. Both kiddos have blue eyes. Evans are very light, Ava's are darker :D

19. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Both DH and I have blue eyes. All 3 of my kids have blue eyes, although different shades.

20. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

DH and I both have hazel eyes. Danielle has blue eyes and Rachel's are blue some days, green others...I can't really figure her eyes out. I have the feeling they will eventually turn hazel or green.

21. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because I don't know what color my twins have. It's not brown like dh's and Ty's and it's not blue like Trent's. And they don't seem to be like mine, but dh and my mil see it though. I have br/gr hazel eyes. Some days my eyes get very brown though.

22. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Lily's eyes are the brightest, prettiest blue, plus her hair gets blonder everyday. Grace's eyes are brown and she has dark brown hair. DH and I both have brown eyes and darker brown hair.

DH jokes he's not sure where Lily came from, although her facial features very much resemble him.

23. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gyzmotwins @ Aug 28 2007, 03:22 AM) [snapback]382935[/snapback]
    DH and I both have brown hair and eyes... Alonso and Matias are identical. They came out with close to platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. Everyone keeps asking me who is the Norweigien I had an affair with!

Marta :rolleyes:

:rotflmbo:

DH & I are both blonde/blue. Now, if we had a brown eyed/dark haired kid, I WOULD have some explaining to do...

24. blessedwith3

blessedwith3 Well-Known Member

DH and I both have Hazel eyes. I boys were born blue, which turned to Hazel and at nearly 2 years old have turned to a deep brown. My daughter Hannah has the pretty bright blue eyes, I'm jealous!.

25. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All 5 of us have blue eyes.

However, Emilie's eyes are a light blue and Trevor's are deep blue.

26. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dh has blue, mine are brown.

Of my four kids, only one has brown eyes, my oldest singleton!!

27. mrsjo

mrsjo Well-Known Member

I have brownish hazel eyes and my husband has baby blue. Our oldest son has baby blue, and my twins have grey/hazel eyes. I always thought that my brown eyes would be dominant, but not so with any of my kids.

28. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We both have hazel. The boys both have a beautiful blue. I never would have thought that would happen. My FL though has blue eyes.

29. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I have brown eyes and DH has the most beautiful sea green eyes I've ever seen! Ian has beautiful blue eyes and Abby has my dark dark brown eyes

30. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

I have brown, my husband has blue -- the girls have blue. Everyone in my family has brown eyes, but both my sisters also have blue-eyed kids. Both my sisters also have red-heads, even though no one in my immediate family does. (Closest person w/ red hair is my great-grandmother!) Obviously we've been storing up the recessive genes for a while and all three of us found the right partners to match up to get the red/blue combo, which, as I understand it, is relatively rare.

31. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

I have greenish/blue eyes, DH has gray blue eyes, P and P have super blue eyes and C has more of the gray blue.

32. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

I've always heard that about genes, too...two blue eyed people can't have brown eyed children...my microbiology teacher in college told me that there are exceptions and that it is more complicated than just that. I'm sure it is complicated...IDK??? Just throwing that out there.

33. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

DH and I both have light green eyes, but both the girls have big, striking, beautiful, blue eyes.

34. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I have green eyes (my dad has brown and my mom has hazel). My DH and every member of his family have blue. Both of our girls have blue. They're pretty, but I admit I was hoping for at least one of them to have green.

FWIW, my DH is a biology professor and he asked some of his colleagues about this when I was pg. They agreed that as MSB1203 said, it is more complicated than you learn in 9th grade. I doubt that two blue-eyed people could have brown- or black-eyed children, but when you throw green, violet, gray, and hazel into the mix, you never know what's going to come out!

Bettie, I'm jealous of the red hair in your family. I was hoping there was some recessive red hair lurking in our genetics somewhere, but apparently no such luck. :icon_biggrin:

35. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Wow - I think the blue eyes are taking over. With that said - I have brown & hubby has green/blue. I now have 2 blue eyed & 1 brown eyed kiddos.