POLL: Severe morning sickness and IVF

Discussion in 'General' started by dfaut, Aug 21, 2008.

?

Did you have IVF and Morning Sickness for MORE than the FIRST Tri?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Other - because there is always an other!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think the poll says it all.

While I was up in the middle of the night, I got to thinking about someone I know being queasy at the beginning of her pregnancy and wondered if my really bad "morning sickness" was aggravated so-to-speak by all the hormones and stuff that I injected.

I wondered if you use just clomid or something like that if it is more likely to go away or stick around.

I wondered if I am just smoking way too much crack in the middle of the night and my theory is bunk!! :rotflmbo:

I wanted to add "Spontaneous pregnancy" and the length of MS, but I can't add another question :(

2. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I couldn't answer the poll because I had IVF and NEVER had any morning sickness. I know I was really lucky to be pg and never throw up. I felt nautious a few times but never actually threw up.

3. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

I did IVF and I never had very bad morning sickness. For a few weeks (7-13 maybe), I had to eat AS SOON as I got up, but I was usually fine after I did. Same thing throughout the day, as long as I ate a little something every so often, I was usually ok. I think I only threw up 2 times. Brushing my teeth always gagged me at the begining of my pregnancy though!

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(marcy874 @ Aug 21 2008, 09:15 AM) [snapback]940727[/snapback]
    I did IVF and I never had very bad morning sickness. For a few weeks (7-13 maybe), I had to eat AS SOON as I got up, but I was usually fine after I did. Same thing throughout the day, as long as I ate a little something every so often, I was usually ok. I think I only threw up 2 times. Brushing my teeth always gagged me at the begining of my pregnancy though!

Oh, I am still gagging from pregnancy (kids are 3.5) because it was SO bad when I was pregnancy that my reflex is super sensitive!
    I couldn't answer the poll because I had IVF and NEVER had any morning sickness. I know I was really lucky to be pg and never throw up. I felt nautious a few times but never actually threw up.

I need to change my poll!! Sorry!

5. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

I had 2 IVF's, and 2 IVF pregnancies. With both, I was queasy through the first tri, but never threw up. The queasiness was worse with the twin pregnancy, and lasted all day.

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I did IVF and never had morning sickness. :pardon: I guess I was just lucky!

7. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I had IUI with injectibles. I had terrible morning sickness the first trimester, it eased up a bit in the second trimester and third trimester it came back. I was on diclectin for most of my pregnancy.

My sister on the other hand, when she was pregnant with a singleton, concieved spontaneoulsy had TERRIBLE morning sickness, and same goes for my SIL.

8. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

No MS here! I felt queasy from time to time, but think I only puked once. I was one of the lucky ones I guess!

9. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I could not answer the poll b/c i have had SEVERE morning sickness in both my pregnancies and neither of them were IVF.

10. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had the best of both worlds. I had an uneventful twin pregnancy, no morning sickness at all. I had a great spontaneous (other than my angel) pregnancy with Evan with no morning sickness at all.

11. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

IVFer here.....

I vomitted only once when I drank some white grape juice WAY too fast and then had some fried eggs. I never vomitted on a regular basis but felt queasy during the 1st trimester.

That was WAY too much info.......my apologies!

12. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Oh yes....definitely ill. I took Zofran like they were tic tacs. I was initially pregnant with triplets via IVF. Lots of hormones raging. Oh, and I did Progesterone injections, too. I'm trying to remember something I thought I heard about progesterone and morning sickness. It's the progesterone that makes you sick? Then, its production slows way down after the first trimester, hence, the absence of morning sickness.

13. caba

caba Banned

My twins were via IVF ... I had pretty decent morning sickness from 5.5 to 16 weeks ... I only threw up a few times ... but I was pretty much constantly nausious ... good times!

14. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

IVFer here -- and very little m/s. I threw up a few times, mostly when I had a migraine (what a joy -- migraines with no drugs). But mostly I just felt woozy if I didn't eat nearly constantly. Not even nauseous, just like I was having a continuous blood-sugar crash for the entire pregnancy.

15. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

IVF with NO morning sickness. I could have slept all day long in the first trimester though.

Mendy

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(nikki_0724 @ Aug 21 2008, 11:40 AM) [snapback]941002[/snapback]
    I could not answer the poll b/c i have had SEVERE morning sickness in both my pregnancies and neither of them were IVF.

Sorry, couldn't add the option! :( The poll only lets me have 3 questions I guess.

QUOTE(Juj @ Aug 21 2008, 12:23 PM) [snapback]941095[/snapback]
    IVFer here.....

I vomitted only once when I drank some white grape juice WAY too fast and then had some fried eggs. I never vomitted on a regular basis but felt queasy during the 1st trimester.

That was WAY too much info.......my apologies!

Ok, the visual on that is WAY TOO MUCH!!! :bad: :rotflmbo:

QUOTE(first_second_and_last @ Aug 21 2008, 12:48 PM) [snapback]941147[/snapback]
    Oh yes....definitely ill. I took Zofran like they were tic tacs. I was initially pregnant with triplets via IVF. Lots of hormones raging. Oh, and I did Progesterone injections, too. I'm trying to remember something I thought I heard about progesterone and morning sickness. It's the progesterone that makes you sick? Then, its production slows way down after the first trimester, hence, the absence of morning sickness.

I took Zofran like they were tic tacs too!! I did progesterone injections as well. Maybe there's a correlation to that?

17. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

IVF/ICSI- no MS....no throwing up, nada. I was on progesterone through 12 weeks.I felt queasy if I did not eat, but other than that no problems (in that department, plenty w/ PTL though!) I have a stomach of steel though- I took antibiotics & vitamins+ iron my whole pregnancy as well...those can cause nausea.

I heard that gender can influence MS also...boys more than girls due to hormones.

18. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

IVF, took Progesterone in Oil shots and used the progesterone suppositories for the first 13 weeks. No sickness here. I had other issues, but no Morning sickness. praise God for that, I hate throwing up!

:p

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(MissyEby @ Aug 21 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]941598[/snapback]
    IVF, took Progesterone in Oil shots and used the progesterone suppositories for the first 13 weeks. No sickness here. I had other issues, but no Morning sickness. praise God for that, I hate throwing up!
    :p

Ok, that blows THAT theory out of the water!! :lol:

I guess the middle of the night thoughts are just better left to the sleeping!! :laughing:

20. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Aug 21 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]941372[/snapback]
    Sorry, couldn't add the option! :( The poll only lets me have 3 questions I guess.
    Ok, the visual on that is WAY TOO MUCH!!! :bad: :rotflmbo:
    I took Zofran like they were tic tacs too!! I did progesterone injections as well. Maybe there's a correlation to that?

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Aug 21 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]941610[/snapback]
    Ok, that blows THAT theory out of the water!! :lol:

Yep, same here... I did those horrible injections and I didn't have any morning sickness!

:yahoo: I multi-quoted! :D

21. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did IVF and no morning sickness period. And...while we are talking about symptoms... I had ZERO! The entire time!

22. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I didnt vote. I did IVF 3 times and was successful twice. The first with DD I never had any morning sickness. With the boys I had it for 16 weeks. So I would have offset the vote, so I didnt want to mess anything up.

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Thanks Rachel!! :laughing: ALL my "hypotheses" are blown to pieces already!!! :rotflmbo:

24. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I came in here hoping your theory was right and all I see are a bunch of "IVF, no MS". Well :blbl: to all of ya!! :laughing:

IVFer here....TONS of MS....TONS....did I mention TONS, the entire time!! :bad:

25. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

IVF here and no morning sickness at all. I never had any morning sickness with my oldest DD either (she was conceived without any assistance).

26. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member