Post c-section question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by missymack2003, Apr 2, 2008.

1. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

So it's been almost 7 months since the c-section and the area around my incision is still pretty sensitive to touch. Like when I put on lotion after a shower and I put it on my lower stomach then it hurts somewhat or if the girls hit that area while I'm changing their diaper it hurts. I know a c-section is a major surgery and all but I figured the sensitivity would have gone away by now. Was everyone else the same way at this point? Does it ever go away? Just another reason why I'm hoping for a VBAC next go around...

Thanks for your help!

MJ

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

My babies will be 2 in June, and my incision is still sensitive at times!

3. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

Mine just feels weird (it's been almost a year)...still numb. I don't really like touching it.

4. monique+2

monique+2 Well-Known Member

After six months mine doesn't hurt it feels numb if i touch it though. It's the worse if I have bikini underwear on when the panty line sits right on th incision line doesn't hurt, but feels like.....a really weird feeling. Hate it! :angry:

5. me-chelle

me-chelle Well-Known Member

same thing here.... it healed pretty quick... but it's all basically numb. i hate that feeling and it almost makes me feel sad that i'll never be able to have feeling there again :( it doesn't hurt though. if you have a doubt, i would definately call your doc so they can check it out. probably nothing but best to be on the safe side. plus you gotta take care of yourself, specially with two little ones depending on you.

6. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

I have been noticing in the last few days that when my boys kick me or hit it when i am changing their diaper that it hurts. It has been six months since my c-section.

7. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

mine was very sensitive for about the first three months, now it is numb and itches.