post c-section support brace

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by fishfood2, Jul 9, 2008.

1. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

hi, i'm new to this forum. just had my twin boys on june 30th. the first was vaginal and then i had to have an emergency c-section. i've been trying to take it easy but with 4 kids under the age of 5 taking it easy isn't all that easy. hopefully i haven't done anything stupid. i'll find out tomorrow when i go to the doctor for my 2 weekend checkup.

in any case, i've heard that there is some sort of stomach brace that really helps the healing process after the c-section. anyone else know about this? is it worth it? i'm nursing and i feel like i'm definitely putting more pressure on the incision than i should be. i'm super sore by the end of the day and i'd also love something that would squish it all back into place for me.

thanks for your help!

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

No advice, just hugs :hug99: .

3. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

This is what I used after my c-section. You can get it at BRU:

Postpartum Support

I used it when I was still in the hospital and it helped a lot. It also helped my stomach to go down really quickly and I was back into my pre pg jeans within a week after delivery. :a_smil09:

It does help a lot with support so I would give it a try. I wore it 24/7 for about a month and only removed it to shower.

4. Fletchie

Fletchie Well-Known Member

I used the same one. It helped with all the things you are recommended to hold a pillow over your incision for (coughing, in the car, etc.) I wish I had worn mine more, but like everything with newborn twins - I forgot!

5. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cjk2002 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]869426[/snapback]
    This is what I used after my c-section. You can get it at BRU:

Postpartum Support

I used it when I was still in the hospital and it helped a lot. It also helped my stomach to go down really quickly and I was back into my pre pg jeans within a week after delivery. :a_smil09:
    It does help a lot with support so I would give it a try. I wore it 24/7 for about a month and only removed it to shower.

for some reason they wouldn't give this to me in the hospital and told me it was a bad idea when i asked about it. i will check with my doctor today. i need it. c-section stomachs are disgusting. it's like i still have a baby swimming around in there.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was given a brace of some sort from the hospital to put around my belly, it helped a lot! It almost felt like a thicker material then an ace bandage and hooked together with velcro, I can't remember what they called it but it did help. Good luck!

7. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

for some reason they wouldn't give this to me in the hospital and told me it was a bad idea when i asked about it. i will check with my doctor today. i need it.

That's odd, my Dr. told me to use it. When I went to get my staples out the nurse made sure I had one. I asked the nurses in the hospital about getting a smaller size and they said the hospital type was not that great and to use mine so even the hospital thought it was a good idea.

At first I bought one that was a size larger and had to buy a smaller size about one week postpartum so make sure to buy it in your pre-pg size.

8. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jul 10 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]870074[/snapback]
    I was given a brace of some sort from the hospital to put around my belly, it helped a lot! It almost felt like a thicker material then an ace bandage and hooked together with velcro, I can't remember what they called it but it did help. Good luck!

Same here! They didn't offer it when I had the twins, but they did with Joy. My Dr. had to agree to it, write it on my chart and then insurance paid for it. I used it all the time. It really helped a lot! I healed much faster than with the twins and felt like I had support to get up and down, etc. It also helped me fit into some clothes a little better! :)

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Jul 10 2008, 02:21 PM) [snapback]870074[/snapback]

:good: This sounds like what I got. It was great, and helped me out so much for the first weeks after the c/s.

10. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

I am from the other camp!!!!!

I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had all 8 of my babies by c-section and have tried it on many occasions, and I will say it again.............I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It made me hurt worse, it was VERY uncomfortable, it was hot, and caused great pain when I had it on.......at first I thought that I was putting it on wrong, I even had MANY different nurses helping me (after many different deliveries) and still.................I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!