post vomiting diet

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by atinar, Jun 26, 2010.

1. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

Hi,

Both my twins went through vomiting period. I stopped giving them milk and started special diet, i.e. boiled potato, carrots, rice, etc with appropriate medication of course. Now they are both feeling well thanks God. My question is when I can start giving them milk again?

Also, I am not sure whether their sickness is due to a virus or because they got some cold, especially that after our twins were sick, DH and I also got sick with nausea, high temperature with the understanding that my kids didn't have a high temperature just vomitting. I just wonder what the cause might be (Not food poisening because another person in our house wasn't affected).

Thanks a lot for your input.

2. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

Oops sorry my kids also had high temperature.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It sounds to me like your whole family had some kind of virus but only a doctor could tell you best about that.
    However, if your two are keeping their foods down and have been doing so consistently, then I would start them back on milk.
    I'm glad your whole family is feeling better now :hug:

4. mpittman

mpittman Active Member

I work in a hospital as an RN and we resume regular consistency, bland diet, including milk, when vomiting stops. Glad you're all better! :clapping: