post when yours walked

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Holdentwins, Dec 31, 2006.

1. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Mine were 35w 4days and Shae walked the day before she turned 1 and Irelynd walked a week after she did. Shae always seems to do everything first and Irelynd usually follows right behind her.

2. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

my girls were born @ 36 weeks and started walking @ 13 months,both within days of each other.
    By the way, I love your little guy's names! p

Drew Dakota & Shae Leighanne Nov 24/03
    Stone Jackson October 24/ 06

3. katie c

katie c Well-Known Member

Mine were 37 weeks Ember walked at 10months and Harvey 12months.

My 1st daughter was born at 38 weeks and didn't walk till she was 17 months. My son born at 41 weeks walked at 9 months and my daughter born at 42wks [​IMG] walked at 14 months.
    So imo they will walk when they are ready just make the most of them as they are cause you will know about it when they are.

By the way Ember is major skinny and she walked at 10 months HTH

xxx

4. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

Mine were 38 weekers. Katelyn walked completely solo across a room at 11.5 months and Jessica did the same a few days after their first birthday. They had both been taking several steps from person to person or couch to table for instance for a couple of months beforehand.

Angela

5. Suz7171

Suz7171 Well-Known Member

My boys were born at almost 32 weeks, and they both started walking at 13 months.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

My son walked at 11 months (he is extremely impatient) but dauther didn't until 15 months. She was far more cautious and didn't want to fall, so we think she took her time. She walked on her knees first, then finally on feet. They all do it in their own sweet time.

7. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Katelyn walked at 11 months, Blake at 12 months. They were born at 36 weeks 1 day.

8. Cortney

Cortney Well-Known Member

My niece was walking a few days befoere 11 months and stable on her feet before her first birthday.

My nephew is already trying to walk, but the moment he lets go he falls. He's 7 going on 8 months.

9. mom i am

mom i am Well-Known Member

My guys were born at 34 weeks; one walked at 13 months of age and the other at 14 months.

10. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

My were born at 38 weeks and are still not walking. They cruise over everything and like yours have done everything on schedule except for sleeping which they still don't do all of the time. My oldest daughter was 10 and 1/2 months when she was walking, I guess all children are different. Oh my girls are not huge babies either like 19and 20 pounds with full diapers and clothes. My oldest little girl was a chunky monkey.

11. AmyS

AmyS Well-Known Member

Tyler walked at 12 months and Paige walked at 16 months. They were born at 36 1/2 weeks. Paige was slow to sit up unassisted as well. Now they are ALL over the place!!!

12. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Annie: full term, walking by 11 months
    Joey: 30 weeks, walking 15 months
    Ellie: 36 weeks, TBD

13. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

The twins were 39 weekers and Sara walked at 13 months and Owen and 13 1/2 months.

14. tonitza

tonitza Well-Known Member

mine walked at 14 mo old. The boy was heavier and walked a week later than the girl.
    I would not worry at all in your place.

BTW, someone that does therapy told me that crawling is a very imp dev milestone not so much walking (e.g. babies that never crawled are more likely to have long term dev issues). Also she told me that walkers are not recommended because the child does not learn how to estimate well distances.

15. pyjamamum

pyjamamum Well-Known Member

Claire was 16 1/2 months and Alice was 17 1/2 months. I was starting to worry, as I felt exactly the same way (everyone else's kids walked well before one). However, once they were up, they took off and were really steady on their feet. I think if we have another one I won't even notice if he/she doesn't walk till a similar age, but with your first, you're far more aware of that kind of thing, aren't you?

Tania

16. MichelleVDH

MichelleVDH Well-Known Member

My daughter Sydney was born at 40 weeks and walked right at 12 months. Jake and Mia were born at 34.2 weeks and Mia walked at 12 1/2 months. They are now 14 1/2 months and Jake still isn't walking and quite honestly I don't think he is close. He is receiving therapy from Early Intervention. He does cruise and stand unassisted. He tries on occasion to take a couple steps. He is a very large boy and weighs 31 lbs!

17. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

born at 38 wks 3 days. walked at 11 months or alittle after. they were running by 12months.

18. ~*Twinmom22*~

~*Twinmom22*~ Well-Known Member

I had my girls when I was 38 weeks, but they still didn't walk until they were 16 months and about a week old. I know where you are coming from...I thought that they would never walk on their own. But when it starts to happen, it happens FAST. It was like they kept walking around stuff and holding on, then they started to stand up alone (and we could tell when they got ready because it seemed like as they kept trying to stand alone for longer and longer periods of time, kinda like it was building strength). Then all of a sudden they started to take steps, and the next thing you know they are running all around, and especially away from you! Ha Ha!

19. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

36 weeks here. Sarah started at 11 months and Allison was on week later.

20. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Mine were 35 weekers and walked at 13 months [​IMG]

HTH

21. Mile High Mom

Mile High Mom New Member

Please don't feel bad! In fact, you should enjoy the fact that you can still watch them cruise and be so cute. My boys (born 39 wks 7lbs 11oz and 7lbs 9oz) walked unassisted 6 days after turning 9 months. That was only a couple months ago, and now my life is EXTREMELY hard. They climb out of their cribs, climb on every piece of furniture in the house, climb over all our gates and up the stairs. It is seriously not a fun time for us. I know the grass is always greener, but I would seriously give anything for them to not be fully mobile right now. Enjoy your piece of mind while you have it. [​IMG]