Postpartum Clothes

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by PrincessHippie, Dec 1, 2010.

1. PrincessHippie

PrincessHippie Active Member

It's been 6 weeks now since the babies were born. Of course I have a squishy belly hanging from my gut (I'm too young to look like this!). My maternity pants are a little too big but my larger pre-pregnancy pants don't fit. I'm asking DH to buy me clothes for Christmas but what do I buy? I have one pair of black stretchy pants by Motherhood that fit nicely, but I would love a few good pairs of jeans. I'm a size 14-16 and I'd be buying online rather than going to the mall and fighting the Christmas traffic. Help please.

2. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

I found some stretchy jeans at Target. I had to get a plus size, but at least it was something besides sweatpants (which I also get from Target). They are a dark rinse and boot cut, comfy and flattering. I'm hoping to be back in my old clothes soon so didn't want to spend too much. Old Navy also has good prices on jeans that have some stretch to them.

3. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of jeans from Old Navy when they were on sale for $19 (I'm in Canada) and then just worse those almost every day mixed in with yoga pants when the jeans were in the wash. I was back into my regualr clothes by 5 months though so I didn't wear them very long but I did NOT want to wear mternity clothes anymore. I actually lost the weight way faster after the girls then I did with my son even though I gained more with them...I figure it's because I just don't have time to eat and I'm constatly chasing someone, lol! I'm actually now 5lbs below my before weight which was low to begin with so now my clothes don't fit for the opposite reason! Hopefully it will happen quickly for you too :).

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I lived in yoga pants and stretchy dresses for the first few months. Then I caved and bought 2 cheap pairs of jeans and just washed them every other day. It was pretty simple only having a couple things to fit into!

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Early in my pregnancy (from about 4 to 10 weeks, when I started wearing maternity), I borrowed pants from other people or bought them at Savers/Goodwill, in a couple of sizes larger than my usual. I just went back to those at about 6 weeks pp when the maternity jeans were too big.

FWIW, I never did fit back into most of my pre-pregnancy pants. Some of them still work, but most were too tight in the tummy even after I was below my pre-pg weight. At around 18 months, I finally kissed them goodbye and bought new ones that actually fit.

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

When I was about 3 months pregant, I started wearing marternity clothes. Then I kept buying bigger ones. So after birth, I wore small maternity clothes.I lost all my preg weight when they were 6 months. At 7 months post, I lost extra 5lbs and could fit in my regular jean. Now I lost extra another 5lbs, so I start buying some shirts for work.because I can't fit in my regular shirts. My boobs are huge lol.oh I eat a lot.still don't gain weight haha love it.but if I'm busy and don't have time to pig out, then lose weight right away. I guess because I have to work full time, take care of kids,pumping for them..but I still have running down yucky belly grrr

7. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

Yoga pants are God's gift to twin mommies! I also found some wonderful knit pants at NY&Company that look like dress pants but wear like sweats. I love those.