Potty training the World Champion of Holding....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Aug 9, 2012.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How do I start? I'm on vacation next week and Hannah seems ready and interested so I don't want to pass up the opportunity! We've caught her a couple times with poop bc she sneaks to hide and do it but pee is another story. She can hold it....and I mean hold. it. I'm worried she will get a UTI.
    Tonight she wanted to pee on our tree outside LOL so I took her diaper off at 3:05pm...she sat on the potty about 20 times...farted about 15 times LOL! Eventually when we went inside I kept asking her if she had to go and her reply? "Not yet Mommy" So I set the timer and told her she had to sit when it went off...she did and nothing. Sat through supper naked, played some more and then dribbled a little on the floor but caught herself and stopped....keep playing then at bath time went right in and peed on the potty!!! :woohoo: It was about 5:45!!!!!
    So how do I get her let loose a little more often? Or do I just keep asking her and hope eventually she'll tell me ok instead of not yet?! The boys were a breeze to train, even at the same time....this girl though..... :faint:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It sounds like she is off to a good start. I would keep encouraging her and maybe if you have a timer set it for a period of time (20,30,45 minutes) and tell her when the timer goes off, let's try to pee. I went through champion holding with my son (it seems like your Hannah has him beat, though) and I did the 3 day PT program with him. Loading him up fluids, he had no choice but to go potty.

3. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

When I trained Aaron, I did the loading him with fluids thing for a few days and he did pretty good. After I backed down on the fluids and let him take the lead to tell me he needed to go, he started holding it. He got a diaper for nap and nighttime and that is the ONLY time he would pee/poop for weeks! We made a bigger deal of dry undies than we did pee in the potty though. I figured as long as he kept his pants dry it counted! It took him much longer to poop in the potty but I want to say it was only a month or so before he started peeing in the potty pretty regularly.

4. MrsWright

Thanks:). Today is our first day of undies all day and so far we are 2 accidents and 1 pee in potty:). It's almost 1pm....I know my boys would have had 5 accidents and 3 pees by this time!! Lol!

Remind me again it takes time!! I was almost ready to give up after the 2nd accident but I heard her saying "I'm pooping mommy" so I knew she was starting to kind of understand! Here's hoping the next couple weeks prove better and not worse;)

5. MrsWright

Day 1 down.....only the 2 accidents and 5 pees in the potty!!:). She's not telling us yet though mostly just us asking her to go and when she's ready she sits and goes:). Beginners luck, I'm expecting tmw to be much much much worse!!!

1 person likes this.