Potty training

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ljcrochet, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

After reading all the post about potty training, I was wondering when you started potty traning?

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

After reading all the post about potty training, I was wondering when you started potty traning?

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I didn't vote b/c I'm only potty training one of mine right now. I'm not planning on trying with Andrew anytime soon. He just doesn't seem interested. I guess I would've voted 2-2.5 for Catherine and 2.5-3 for Andrew b/c I anticipate that that is when he'll train.

4. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

I am planning to start potty training one of my daughters soon but my other daughter is not interested at all. My hope is that once one is trained, her sister will become motivated.

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Now that we can do polls with multiple options I wonder if you should have broken your poll down by child, K trained just as she turned 3 and Kyle about 3 1/2. I would have put them in different categories!

6. Whoa Mama

Whoa Mama Well-Known Member

We bought our older son a potty for his second Christmas, just to get him used to being around it (he played with it for a long time) but we let him lead the ENTIRE potty training process - and it was an absolute BREEZE! He started using the potty somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 and was fully trained a month before his third birthday.

We never pushed him. He'd tell us when he needed to go potty and we'd get him there. We figured if we worked super hard at it that he may regress after the twins were born so we just never pushed any of it. But he got it on his own and he only pooped in his underpants two times during training and peed 4-5 times.

We plan to take this same approach with the twins. Lauren already asks for the "Pa Pa" (potty) every day so once a day I'll take her in and let her sit on the potty for a bit. She has never gone in it but she's interested so I can't ignore that. Ryan could care less.

7. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Alyssa and Bryony trained a few months before their 3rd birthday. Naomi and Luke are not trained yet, they have potties and Naomi will sit on hers 2 or 3 times a day, and has peed a couple of times, so she is definatley working towards it. Luke will sit on his, but not as often or for as long, and has never done anything. My guess is that they will train around or just after their 3rd birthday.

8. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

I didn't vote either because I started when I thought each one was ready. Michael was holding it and telling me at 19 months so I started with him at 21 months.

Matthew was wet constantly at that time and had absolutely no interest in it. I didn't start wiht him until close to 30 months when he said he didn't want to wear diapers anymore.

9. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

lisa just want you to know that Rachel led the way on her training, and Alexis wants to have the rewards but can't really perform, so she is not ready. I don't even bother with Alexis on the potty except maybe once per day.

10. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

I didn't vote either. I think I have a child in every single category! We have never started until we could tell that the child was really really ready. I am lazy, lol, and there is not much worse than running through a grocery story when your little boy has to go pee and you're not sure you will make it.

11. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm the odd one out, becoz my girls did it at exactly the same time, just over 3 years (maybe the age woz a factor). They were really not ready before that age. Took about a week.

amanda (jorja and jessica 3 1/2)