Prayers Please!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Pitbullzz, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

My DW went to the hospital last night at 10PM. It was the first time she has had any issue whatsoever, but something just didn't feel right. When they checked her dialation...Merrick was kickin her. The did an emergency C-Section and brought them out.

They both weighed 1.5lbs each...they are sick, but responding to the doctors working on them. It is an hour by hour thing.

Keep us in your thoughts.

I am so proud she went to the Dr....they said if she didn't they were going to come out anyways...most likely at home.

Now...they have a fighting chance.

I am in Iraq still...they are trying to get me home ASAP

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Many good thoughts going out to you and your babies. :hug:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm glad she went in! Many thoughts from me! Please keep us updated!

4. Pitbullzz

Just got this from her...she is going to go see them now...

Merrick has stable blood pressure and pee'd on his own recently. He is still having trouble staying warm, so that is a problem. Marlee's blood/gas level is off. They're about to adjust her ventilator. they think that will work. She is getting a little warmer. Both are fighters! I am desperate for prayer...

I will post updates as I get them...until I get on a plane and am able to get out of here.

5. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

Praying for your babies!!!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Praying that you get home safely and also prayers for your babies and DW!!! Please keep us posted when you can!

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. :hug: I hope that they can get you home to them soon.

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Oh my! I am so sorry! It sounds like they are holding their own. I will be praying for you and sharing your story with friends who will also send prayers your way. I hope you are able to get home soon!

9. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both and your precious babies. Prayers that they will respond well to treatment and your NICU stay will be a fairly smooth ride. I hope you are able to get home very soon! :hug:

10. Pitbullzz

Just saw the pics...(man...that was tough...)

Well...they look like fighters, so if they take after thier Daddy...they stand a good chance...

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

hugs and best of luck!!

12. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you can get home soon!

13. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I will keep you all in my prayers. The NICU is a tough road, but it sounds like they are fighters!! My boys were in the NICU for 8 and 11 weeks. Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

14. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you and your family. They do sound like little fighters!

15. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Wow Sean that's scary. I'm rooting for your babies. My SIL had a 24 weeker (I'm not sure how far along your wife was.) and today her daughter is a happy 4 year old.

Keep us posted, and if you and your DW need and advice or support we're here.

16. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My thoughts & prayers are with your family!

17. Pitbullzz

Yes...she was just a tad under 24 weeks. They were both 1.5lbs and 12.75 inches...

Not sure when Nat will be released. She is on Morphine right now and they are worried about a hemmorage for right now.

18. CarleyWC

CarleyWC Well-Known Member

many many prayers for your children- remember lots of cuddling, skin to skin when you get there!

19. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

saying a prayer and sending good thoughts for your babies and DW right now!

20. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Oh my I am so sorry to read this! HUGE :hug: for you and your wife and babies!! We will be definitely be thinking about you all and praying for the babies to fight fight fight!!! Thinking of your wife too and hoping she is not hemmoraging and that she will do ok as well. Be strong daddy, you will be there soon I hope, will be praying for that too! Again :hug: I just can't imagine. Please let us know how everyone is doing when you can.

21. alynenicole

alynenicole Active Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Hope you get home soon to be with your precious little angels!!! God Bless

22. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness Sean. My heart goes out to you and your family. Many many many many many prayers are going your way. I will be sharing your story with my friends and family and asking for their prayers. Please update us on their progress. Please arrive home safely.

23. Miss Conception

Miss Conception Well-Known Member

Good thoughts coming your way. It must be so difficult to be far away at a time like this.

24. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am thinking of you and your wife, and especially Merrick and Marlee. I hope you are able to get home soon.

25. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Wow Sean! :shok: Big :hug: to you and your wife, and your beautiful baby boys! Congratulations on your Boys!! I hope their NICU stay is as short as possible, and uneventful. Please visit the NICU forum for any advice or support. I hope you are able to get home soon!! :hug:

26. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hugs: to you and your wife. Hang in there. I hope you are able to get home soon.

27. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

oh my goodness! so sorry to read this. I actually gasped aloud when I saw the post! Hang in there...my little girl was only in the NICU for 5 days and it was tough...I can't imagine. Hope you get to see your wife soon!

28. kristenlee5

kristenlee5 Well-Known Member

Our prayers are with you. When I was in PTL at 28 weeks, the doctor was telling me that the babies come out early for a reason, and if they have to come out they are better off in the hands of the NICU than getting sick inside momma. God's timing is perfect. Luckily they were able to stop labor for me. I hope you get home safe and soon.

29. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Oh my. Thinking of you guys, and sending many prayers for your little ones. I hope you're able to get home soon.

30. Pitbullzz

Thanks all...yes...things happen for a reason. Maybe they needed urgent care that they could not have gotten on the inside.

I am still here waiting. We had to call the Red Cross back to see what the hold up was. They were notified over 8 hours ago, and they just NOW said they didn't have my deployment address. I am not pleased. My DW had any and all info possible and gave it to the hospital...even down to the place and number of my tiny pod I live in.

NOW...they said they can start working on getting me home. I could have been on a plane already...

I will keep you guys posted...

31. traceyp

traceyp Active Member

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and babies. Hope you get home soon!

32. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My heart goes out to you. :hug: I was in your shoes 3.5 years ago. My twins were born at 25w3d and 26w6d. Emilie was 1 lb 10 oz. Now at 3.5 years old, see my avatar for them, they are happy and healthy. They have no lingering effects of being micro-preemies. :wub: Please know that the NICU can do wonderful things with these little babies. And I hope you can get home soon. :hug:

33. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Sorry you're having such a hard time getting home to your family- that must be torture!! I'm thinking of you and your babies and your dw as well. Best of luck and keep us posted on your little fighters!! :hug:

34. KimmiLynn4

KimmiLynn4 Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you are able to join them soon.

35. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

OMG! Lot's of thoughts and prayers sent your way! I hope you're able to get there soon, I can't imagine how you're feeling right now!