preeclampsia worries

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by paperclippy, Apr 22, 2013.

1. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

So I went in for my 30 week appointment today (at 30+3), and while the babies are fine, my blood pressure was 128/90 (it's usually more like 115/72) and there was some protein in my urine, plus I'm measuring at 41cm and have gained a bunch of weight this week. Pretty much all of the measurements were right on or barely over the borderline of what they look at for preeclampsia. The doctor said I should take it easy for a couple days and come back Wednesday to get my BP and urine checked again, and if the results are still high then I'll have to go on bed rest (sounds like modified bed rest, she said it would be okay for me to work from home as long as I could lay on the couch while working).

At first I wasn't super upset because the doctor emphasized that everything was borderline and that I might come back Wednesday and have everything be fine, but then I made the mistake of googling and now I'm really worried. This is the first thing that has "gone wrong" in my pregnancy. Am I overreacting? Can anyone share some success stories?

2. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I hope everything checks out OK...the Brewer Diet for Twin PG is supposed to help with preventing Pre-E. http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/index.html

3. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with my first singleton at 24 weeks and I managed to stay pregnant until 38 weeks. Really, take it easy. Lay on your left side as much as you can. Follow any diet recs your DR makes.

You can do this. :)