pregnancy acne

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, Mar 30, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i started noticing an increase in big, medium and few small pimples around 10 weeks, all around my forehead, nose area, smile lines, chin/jaw and upper lip area, with them getting progressively worse...everyday i wake up with a surprise new "present" on my face. i see a dermatologist weekly for cortisone injections (deemed safe in pregnancy) and am on eryomithicin 750mg a day (just over a month now at this dosage) - also a pregnancy category b medication.

BUT i'm just wondering for those of you ladies that got this joyous acne during their pregnancy around what week did things start to improve. i'm nearing 19 weeks with the acne getting seemingly worse. i've read that 2nd trimester acne is the worst of all trimesters.

oh and what are you having (if you know)? just curious about that hole wives tale thing. i'm pregnant with two identical boys so that whole "boys make you the most beautiful you've ever been" tale means squat for me.

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I don't know gender yet so I can't blame my skin on sex. I had to switch cleaners to a very mild cleanser in order to not have the acne. I believe I have a clean and clear daily face wash. I know other people recommend cetaphil. I believe the acne can last the whole time so you might want to try a milder cleaner to see if it helps.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had bad acne from about 20 week on. :( It started clearing up after I had the babies. :hug: I hope it gets better for you soon Kristine. Oh and I had boy/girl twins.

4. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

im having boy/boy twins and never had any acne. i did get tiny skin tags on my chest though.

35W2D mono/di boys

5. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

My acne went away during my second trimester. I am having 2 boys.

6. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tpowers @ Mar 30 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1251449[/snapback]

Me too.....

7. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tpowers @ Mar 30 2009, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1251449[/snapback]

early, mid, or late 2nd trimester. i am approaching 19 weeks and no signs of improvement.

8. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tpowers @ Mar 30 2009, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1251449[/snapback]

+1 but I'm having girls...and I never went to see a derm about it...just knew from past pregnancies that it's something that happens and thatit would clear itself up after delivery...

9. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

I have had trouble with this earlier on in the pregnancy, it went away but about 3 days ago it came back. I am having a boy and a girl. The only good thing I can say about it is that I have little red bumps only on my cheeks and I always look flushed or like I have blush on...so I am not so pale!

I do hope it goes away though because up close it looks really bad!!!