Pregnant with identical twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Willowandbunny, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Willowandbunny

Willowandbunny New Member

Hi all, we just found out that we are expecting identical twins. It was the biggest shock of our lives and still digesting the news. I will be seeing the consultant every two weeks from 16 weeks onwards but I really want to find out if anyone having/had identical twins and how the pregnancy was, when did you give birth, how much complications are there, should I be worried? I know every pregnancy is different but I am so worried from what I've read as mono pregnancy seem to be a lot more complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you x

2. Staceyvg89

Staceyvg89 New Member

First thing is first, congratulations; don't be afraid. My identical boys are fantastic, they are 3 now and my advice to you is to embrace don't fear, stress will make things 100 times worse, as for complications I worked a little longer than I should have, I had a internal bleeding on my placenta that I actually had to deliver after I delivered my boys, that could have been avoided if I didn't work so hard my entire pregnancy, stay away from salt because you will swell it's guaranteed, I delivered my boys 100% naturally no epidural nothing; my doctored wanted a C section and when I asked what the percent of risk was he said 5% higher so I did it naturally, I delivered at 36 weeks which is good for twins, weighing in at 6'6 and 5'11... I did have preeclampsia and they forced me to dialated to go into labor, other than that; bringing them home was a breeze as long as you have confidence and patience. And do everything st the same time, diaper changes and feeding and so on even if you have to wake one up; ur blessed mama congrats

3. Sarach

Sarach Active Member

It's so wonderful to be a mom! I got pregnant when I was 19 but I was so happy when I found out I was having a baby. All the same, children are the flowers of our life, now I am looking through an album with photographs of my daughter. So enjoy the moment because kids grow up fast!

4. Linka

Linka Member

I was also pregnant with twins, when the doctor told me about it, I was very happy! I have always dreamed of twins, and finally, my husband and I succeeded. I am also glad that pregnancy gave me a reason to do a pregnancy photo shoot in the beautiful dress of this store maternity shoot dresses. The photos turned out very elegant and magical. Now my two sons look at these photos and say what a beautiful mother they have!