Preschool Teacher Holiday Gifts

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by RRTwins, Dec 1, 2009.

1. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

This is our first year in preschool and I'm not sure what to buy the teacher for Christmas. Anyone have ideas for gifts? How much do you spend? Do you send one gift per child?

Thanks!

2. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I've done chocolates (but they lots of those), but also a Starbucks mug with some tea bags and in the States usually book gift cards ... Here people tend to give less, and Chinese New Year is much bigger here, so it depends on the nationality of the staff too.

I've done chocolates (but they get lots of those), but also a Starbucks mug with some tea bags and in the States usually book gift cards ... Here people tend to give less, and Chinese New Year is much bigger here, so it depends on the nationality of the staff too.

3. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Barnes & Noble gift cards, Starbuckk, tea bags, Reusable water bottles. I usually spend about $10 each per child. I do a gift from each child.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually spend about $10 for each teacher, of course there are 2 teachers and I have 2 kids so that will be $40 for gifts for them. I was thinking of one kid getting a $10 gift card to Panera Bread and maybe the other one giving a nice dish and some cookies or something like that and then have then switch who gives what to the other teacher (meaning so each kid would give one of the teachers's the gc, did that make sense? :unsure:).

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I usually spend about $10. I have only had Leah in school, but will buy a gift from each of the boys when they go to school ( :woo: )

6. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

We ususally do homemade items. Last year, it was choco covered pretzels and hot choco mix. Friendship tea is easy to make. I have also done an assortment of baked items in nice tin or container decorated by the kids. The kids also make cards and write notes for the teachers.

7. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I have a friend who teaches music and she says she has enough music notepaper for 20 years...

I like the homemade cookie tin idea. My mom used to crochet slippers--always handy to use when you go visit someone. How about a special jam/preserve from the farmer's market?

Some parents go in together and sponsor a less-fortunate child/family for Christmas, then the teacher just gets a nice note & card.

8. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone - some good ideas! I especially like the idea of attaching homemade cards from the kids. :)

9. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Last year I did Barnes & Noble Gift cards.

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I got the kids teacher a mug :)o No one has ever done that, right? :lol: ) with her name on it. I had the kids pick it out and I do plan on getting her a gift card to Starbucks. :good: The mug was $10 and the gift card the same. I plan on getting the teachers asst. a little something like chocolates.

11. tater

tater Active Member

As a preschool teacher and a mother, I would suggest baked goods, gift cards and/or kid made cards. I tend to frown on teacher themed items, just because there isn't a lot of use for them. I know I am not a coffee or tea drinker, so make sure you know that about your teachers before buying them that sort of thing.

I have three in school, so I need to start thinking about what to get their teachers as well! :)

Sandi

1 person likes this.
  12. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I've done baked goods before. Last year we got a very small live pinetree that was decorated with tiny ornaments and such and it was so cute. I've also done a pot with flowers or plant with a tag that said "Thank you for helping me grow". I haven't decided what we're doing this year.

13. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

my kids aren't in school yet, but my mom is a teacher and I know she (and we) always enjoyed home made goodies. Ornaments are always good too. The boys and I made a whole bunch of those cinnamon applesauce ornaments today and we'll be giving one of those to B's speech therapist.

14. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

this year i got their teachers mini bath and body works products that i'll be arranging in a cute box with cellophane covering. spent about $10 on each teacher. one gift from both kids. i agree baked goods are always welcome, or gift cards to borders, starbucks, or target.

15. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

The other four parents and I put our money together to purchase a new pandora charm ($50) for her bracelet. I will likely give her some homemade goodies too.