present for a 1 year old

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ljcrochet, Apr 21, 2015.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My nephew is turning one next month.  Looking for some great present ideas. They live in a small apartment, so can't really be anything too big.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmmm...books? Clothes?  A gift card where his parents can pick out something for him, especially that fits in their space.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Do they need anything?  I remember my girls got a lot of clothes and books for their birthday, but we also got a bunch of babies r us gift cards which we used to buy their convertible car seats and potty chairs.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I would ask the parents if there's anything specific they want, or need.

If they don't have any suggestions, the stacking cups are always a good choice.  Melissa & Doug have really cute wooden toys & puzzles too, check them out on Amazon. 

5. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

Mine used to love playing with bath toys at that age.  My son received a fire-engine, that he still plays with.

6. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I would suggest wood building blocks, maybe a system you or the parents can add to as the baby grows older. Our blocks (plain wood ones and painted wood ones) got and still get lots of use as they can be combined with so many other toys as the kids grow older.