preterm labor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stacy j, Dec 3, 2006.

1. stacy j

stacy j New Member

I am 31 weeks and have been on bedrest for a month due to being dilated 1 cm and having contractions. After a week in the hospital, I got stabalized and was sent home with a terbutaline pump and motrin. At 32 weeks, I can no longer take Motrin and am terrified that I will end up back in the hospital on magnesium... anyone have experience with this?

2. stacy j

stacy j New Member

I am 31 weeks and have been on bedrest for a month due to being dilated 1 cm and having contractions. After a week in the hospital, I got stabalized and was sent home with a terbutaline pump and motrin. At 32 weeks, I can no longer take Motrin and am terrified that I will end up back in the hospital on magnesium... anyone have experience with this?

3. socalkristi

socalkristi Well-Known Member

At 32 weeks I went to L&D for preterm labor and was sent home with a perscription of Terb and was 1 1/2 cm dialted. I am still on the terb but have a c/s date this thursday. I was placed on bedrest and last time my cervix was checked it was about the same. HTH!! Kristi

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I have never heard of motrin to treat PTL. So I cannot help you there. BUT, I (and many others) have had lots of success with terbutaline. There are also other drugs out there, besides mag sulfate, that can be used to treat PTL. Nefidipine (or Procardia) is perhaps the most common. Good luck. Hopefully your doctors are monitoring you closely so that they can intervene BEFORE you have to go back to the hospital...until delivery that is!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

quote:
    I have never heard of motrin to treat PTL.

Me neither.

I was dialated 1cm at 31 weeks, having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. They were able to stop them at the hospital, then put me on Procardia. I only took it for a week due to a rapid pulse, 150's while resting. Anyway, after about 33 weeks, the contractions actually subsided some and I delivered by c-section at 37 weeks due to pre-e. [​IMG]'s, good luck!