Private Practice

Discussion in 'General' started by JDMummy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Anyone plan to watch Private Practice on ABC? They showed the cast in a crossover with Addison from Grey's Anatomy (Kate Walsh). It's got a pretty good cast with Amy Brenneman, Tim Daly and Taye Diggs (YUMMY!!!!!).

Here is the link.

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSS!!!! I can't wait for this!! Looks like we'll have a lot to chat about this season Sarah.

3. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I can't wait to watch it too, but I am definately going to miss her on Grey's!

4. JDMummy

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Sep 15 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]409483[/snapback]
    YESSSSSSSS!!!! I can't wait for this!! Looks like we'll have a lot to chat about this season Sarah.

I can't wait Michelle!

QUOTE(brandycaviness @ Sep 15 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]409524[/snapback]

Me too. :( I really loved her chemistry with Alex. I am bummed they are not going to let them get together now.

5. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I LOVE Amy Brenneman, so I am definitely going to check it out and see if it is worth watching!

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I love all the people on this new show!! I hope it doesn't drown Grey's! I hope it stays good and saucy like the few shows they did last year when Addison went to CA to try to get pregnant.

7. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch the first episode and see how I like it. The problem for me is that its on at the same time as Criminal Minds. :( I guess we'll see how good it is.

8. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to give this one a try since I loved Kate Walsh on Grey's. Truthfully, I'm a bit worried about it and would prefer to have her back at Seattle Grace.

9. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

I can't wait to watch this......I just love her.

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(brandycaviness @ Sep 15 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]409524[/snapback]

Me too!!! I love her on Grey's and am scared they are going to destroy the Addison we know and love on her new show...but I am still going to watch PP. Ummm, Taye Diggs is a HOTTIE!! :p

11. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm through the first 12 min.! LOVIN' it SO FAR!!! So many YUMMY boys!!

12. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Amy Brenneman and Tim Daly both. I thought it was good tonight. Anyone else sob like a baby with the woman in the store???

13. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Sep 26 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]425347[/snapback]
    I absolutely love Amy Brenneman and Tim Daly both. I thought it was good tonight. Anyone else sob like a baby with the woman in the store???

Yes!!!!!!

It will be a show that I watch....pretty good....

14. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

This show was WAY better than I thought it would be. I figured I'd give it a try but wasn't convinced that it would really hold my attention. It definitely did and I look forward to watching it next week. DH knew it was a keeper when I was crying my eyes out!

15. Mama_Kim

Catherine, I felt the same way. I wasn't even planning on watching but it sort of sucked me in!

16. brandycaviness

I tivo'ed it last night but haven't got to watch it yet. can't wait though. Thanks for the tear jerker warning!!

17. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Sep 26 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]425347[/snapback]

I did too!

I liked it too. I wasn't sure about it at first. I think that there are some hokey parts but hopefully they will work out those kinks. I didn't like the whole thing about her moving there because of the kiss. Just too much sexual tension too quickly.

18. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it as well. I just love her as a character so I will definitely continue to watch it.

19. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I liked it and will continue to watch.

It reminded me of Ally McBeal in some ways.

20. kdoleva

kdoleva Well-Known Member

Great show! Loved it.

21. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm hooked....parts of it were boring....but I heard it gets better. SO I plan on still watching

22. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

Boring! I fell asleep.

23. JDMummy

QUOTE(brandycaviness @ Sep 27 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]425717[/snapback]
    I tivo'ed it last night but haven't got to watch it yet. can't wait though. Thanks for the tear jerker warning!!

I can't wait to watch it too! I had to tivo it also! :(

24. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

I am totally in the minority, I had high hopes for this show but I am not lovin' it. I don't find it witty and it's not very fast paced and a bit boring. I know that Shonda Rhimes is writing it but it's no Grey's. I will give it a couple more episodes but for me it's not a winner. I hope if it tanks that Addison will go back to Grey's, and give her and McSteamy a real shot

25. Mama_Kim

I completely forgot this was on last night. Duh. I'm used to Wednesday's being Rescue Me night and haven't gotten the new TV schedule down yet.

26. brandycaviness

I finally got to watch all of the first episode and I cried. I watched last night a balled like a baby. Like literally sobbing! I can't take this
    why do they always have to do things with people's kids. It tears me up inside. I couldn't imagine the thought of what they had to do
    . DH had to leave, he couldn't take it either. I set my tivo to record the entire season, so I will watch next week too, but seriously, they need a warning! :(

27. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

I am totally in the minority, I had high hopes for this show but I am not lovin' it. I don't find it witty and it's not very fast paced and a bit boring. I know that Shonda Rhimes is writing it but it's no Grey's. I will give it a couple more episodes but for me it's not a winner. I hope if it tanks that Addison will go back to Grey's, and give her and McSteamy a real shot

Agreed. Last night was yet again boring. I think I'm done with it.

28. Mama_Kim

OK, I just watched last night's episode at abc.com -- I really enjoy this show because I love Amy Brenneman as an actress. I think it's a keeper. :D

29. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I'm still torn. I think that the only thing that kept me going last night was the two families and their situation. I remember when this happened in real life and it was so tragic. I just can't imagine being one of those parents. It sure is a pretty cast but it is still a bit too slow, 1 patient each per show. I just don't know. Now we'll have to see what role this new hospital admin lady will play too.

30. JDMummy

I liked it. I think though that its going to tear my heart up more than I thought it was going to. Last week's episode did it to me also. I don't think it's like Grey's. I liked it for Private Practice. :D

31. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Oct 4 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]436414[/snapback]
    I liked it. I think though that its going to tear my heart up more than I thought it was going to. Last week's episode did it to me also. I don't think it's like Grey's. I liked it for Private Practice. :D

Well said, Sarah, and I agree.

32. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely liking this show more and more (and Grey's less and less). I could do without bawling my eyes out every week, though. That's how Grey's hooked me at first... having a lot of very emotional episodes paired with some really funny scenes. I think I like Addison more on this show than I did on Grey's. I'm enjoying the whole cast really. Yay for a good new show. I can't say that about too many others.

33. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(fire and ice @ Oct 8 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]441487[/snapback]
    I'm definitely liking this show more and more (and Grey's less and less). I could do without bawling my eyes out every week, though. That's how Grey's hooked me at first... having a lot of very emotional episodes paired with some really funny scenes. I think I like Addison more on this show than I did on Grey's. I'm enjoying the whole cast really. Yay for a good new show. I can't say that about too many others.
    I completely agree. Meredith is so darn annoying any more with all the whining on Grey's. I'm enjoying PP much more and would drop Grey's over this one, if push came to shove. I like the cast on PP a lot too. It doesn't hurt that Tim Daly has aged very nicely. ;)

34. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I agree that so far it has been a really great show. It has a wonderful cast and so far some very interesting story lines. I think it's a keeper!

35. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Oct 4 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]436414[/snapback]

I agree. I think that part of the problem is that people were thinking it was going to be alot like Greys.
    I just watched last weeks episode last night and it was heartbreaking! I cried and cried. I couldn't imagine being in those parents shoes. The only part that bugs me a bit is how Addison is interacting with Sam {? is that Tim Daly's name on the show??} Just something about their chemistry is too much.