pulling/pressure - Why does it feel like my vag is being pulled apart?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by pretty girl, Feb 26, 2015.

1. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

Why does it feel like my vag is being pulled apart? I suck at this whole growing two babies business

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am sure there is a perfectly good medical reason for this feeling you are having, I'm just not sure what it is-probably the pressure of your uterus on your cervix??-I remember that feeling too.  It certainly cant hurt to mention to your OB so they can tell you its perfectly normal :)

3. twinkletwos

twinkletwos New Member

Don't worry, pretty girl, you aren't alone! Do you mind if I ask how far along you are? I'm 21 weeks but I've had pretty terrible vaginal pressure and pelvic pain for quite awhile. I just ended up going to the ER on saturday for it because I also had a lot of fluid discharge and was concerned. Thankfully the babies were both doing good and their amniotic fluid levels were still great, plus my cervix was still where he wanted it to be. My doc(s) just said that some women are more unfortunate than others when it comes to the pain. Personally, my Baby A is super low (curled up right above my pelvic bone most of the time) and has been from the beginning so if I am too active or try to lead a normal life that includes laundry and dishes, I will usually end up paying for it in vaginal pain and pressure. Are you able to take it easy most of the time? I know that's way easier said than done. I hope it will ease up for you soon! 

4. pretty girl

I'm now 27+4.. It's still there but I'm still cooking babies and my cervix is closed.

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

There actually is a thing (don't remember name--SPD?) that a couple friends of mine had that feels like that. They had to wear some kind of support belt. (I'm very informative!). Probably just carrying twins, but ask your doctor.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It could just be pressure on your cervix.

It could also be what Rachael mentioned: SPD (symphysis pubic dysfunction) which can cause a lot of pelvic pain. Unfortunately, the only "cure" is birth although there are things that can help reduce the pain while pregnant - support belts for sure, regular chiro & massage, making sure to always move your legs together (ie when getting out of bed, sit up and swing both legs to the side of the bed together rather than one then the other). If it is SPD, you'll need to experiment a bit to see what is most helpful for you.

7. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Wow, I actually got the right acronym!

8. pretty girl

its pressure on the cervix. I feel like they are gonna fall out

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did you feel like this at the end of your last pregnancy?

10. pretty girl

Yeah at like 40 weeks not 30

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Normal and the reason I want to smack people who want twins. The pregnancy is very hard and uncomfortable seems like such a diminishing word for it.

12. Emo311

Emo311 New Member

Oh thank God I found this place! My singleton pregnant moms are no help!! I also have this crazy pressure. Thinking about a support belt. But I would rather opt for the chiro or massage first. I'm 27 wks. I stupidly looked up some other conditions and hope its not vulvar varicose something. That sounded unpleasant.