QotD

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Oct 15, 2013.

1. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

no - my thin fine limp hair would literally drag to the floor and look like an oil bomb if I did...

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I use a 2 in 1 so yes. When I just use shampoo my hair is totally crazy.

3. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Yes I use conditioner.  I have fine hair, but a lot of it.  I don't think I could be a bruch through my hair without conditioner.

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Yes I have to use conditioner. I have mostly straight normal hair, but without conditioner it'd be a nightmare to brush.

And I'm picky in that my shampoo and conditioner have to be the same brand.

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I either use a 2 in 1 or just conditioner.  I try and alternate unless I don't like the conditioner we have open.  

6. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Yep. I have thick hair that's pretty manageable, but without conditioner it gets coarse and stringy. 

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes. Now that I've cut my hair I don't have to use it every time but I use it regularly b/c I flat iron it.

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If I'm going out and straightening my hair-yes. So...maybe once a week, if that. Lol!

9. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I condition every day I take a shower.  Although I have straight and fine hair, it dries out quickly without it and then static cling is a real PIA.

10. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Every day! Like Jenn, I have fine hair that gets very staticky if I don't.

11. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I have thick long wavy coarse dyed dry hair -  I don't even remember not using conditioner. It would be a mess without a conditioner. I only wash my hair once a week and it looks fine (according to me :p). I put a few drops of coconut oil in it every night and it helps keep the dry/frizzy part under control. I also use moisturizing treatment in it once in a while. After all the lice talk here last month I ordered the Fairy tales shampoo and conditioner for Vanessa and I tried it also. I love that thing - the smell is not that great, but it goes away and it makes my hair feel so silky smooth.

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Most of the time, I prefer 2n1 when i can find it, but I can only use Dove brand, anything else exacerbates the psoriasis on my hands.  If I'm running short of shower time, and don't have 2n1, I just use shampoo...but I do condition most of the time.

I used to have super thick wavy hair, but lost most of it a few years ago after a strong course of antibiotics.  I know how semi thin curly-ish hair.  The shorter I cut, the curlier it goes.

13. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I must use conditioner or my hair is so dry I can't brush it.

I never thought of trying just conditioner without shampoo though. Maybe I will have to try that.

Clarify: Not a 2 in 1. I am referring to Rachael's post. When I'm in a rush one morning maybe I'll skip the shampoo and only condition. What's the worst that could happen?

14. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

It's actually better for your hair. Hair doesn't need washed as often as we wash it, and shampoo strips out natural moisture.

15. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I was my hair every other day. Here is my ritual....

wash and condition at night air dry

next day wear it straight and flat iron and use product

next day curl it in wavy beach curls use product wash and condition

Sometimes I will push it out one more day if the curls are still looking fly at the end of the day, pull it back and do loose curls in a pony tail on day 3 then wash that night.

I do wash my body everynight and wear a shower cap.  This is how I extend my hair color.

16. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually wash my hair every 3rd day and condition once, or sometimes twice, a week.

17. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I do; but I have to be careful because my hair is a grease bomb if I use too much. I would ultimately like to stop washing my hair altogether! A friend of mine did this and after about 3 weeks of having really gross hair, she has the softest, most amazing hair. She can get it wet and sometimes uses essential oils in it, but never actually uses shampoo. But I think I need to stop colouring it before I attempt that.

18. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I do not know if I could stop washing it all together.  I have seen some blogs online where people have stopped washing it but I don't know if I could.

19. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I have fine, thick hair that is super curly. I have to use conditioner or it's a frizzy, ratty mess. The 2 in 1's have never cut it for me, so I'm a little envious at how many of you are able to use them.

20. rrodman

2 in 1s are not for those of us who NEED conditioner. :)

3 people like this.
  21. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Oh good lord yes I use conditioner, and lots of it.  I deep condition every day.  I have ridiculously thick and ridiculously curly hair.   Combs and hair ties break out of fear before they even touch my hair.

I've tried to no-shampoo route, a lot of hair stylists have recommended it to me because of my curly hair, but it just does not work for me.  So I shampoo & condition every day, but I do use the "free" shampoo/conditioner, has a bunch of stuff not in it.  Can't remember what now.. phosphates?  Something.    Memory is not so good these days.

22. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am fascinated by the people who do not shampoo. I should try it now before the gray hair comes in with a vengeance.

23. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I do, every time I shower.

I've experimented with not using shampoo a couple of times but have yet to find the right amount of baking soda/water/vinegar rinse to keep my hair clean.

24. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I use 2 in 1.

25. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Yes and yes!

26. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Has anyone ever tried WEN or something else of that type? The infomercial is fascinating but I don't know...

27. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nope fine limp hair here!

28. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Ditto to that!
    I would love to hear too. I've considered it.

29. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Yes. I shampoo and conditioner every other day normally.

30. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

My best friend tried wen and liked it at first, but after a little bit, she stopped using it.
    She has dry course hair, and I didn't think her hair looked clean when she used it. I saw her soon after she started it. And she stopped using it because she said her head and hair just didn't feel clean.

31. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kendra, I tried Wen, my best friend got me some of their products for my birthday.  I can't say that my hair felt any different after using it.  I think the best hair products for my hair is Carol's Daughter or Living Proof.  Store bought, Pantene Curly Line.

32. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Nancy, have you tried the new EverCurl stuff by L'oreal?  I've been using it for a couple months now and I like it for my curls.  I usually use the Pantene curly stuff too. 

33. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Question of the Day 10/17/13......What do you do for a living?

I am an echocardiographer....big name for doing ultrasounds of the heart.  My degree is only for heart/vascular so I am totally clueless on general things like liver, gallbladder, babies, ect:)  I LOVE seeing the heart move...and everyone's is different (similar but different)!

2 people like this.
  34. rrodman

I am an attorney. I've been a commercial litigation attorney for most of my career, but at this point I do almost entirely patent litigation.

35. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have not tried it.  I will though, I am glad it's working for you!