QotD

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Oct 15, 2013.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a Payroll Financial Analyst for the US House of Representatives.  I deal with numbers, excel, and computer systems.

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Nancy, it's not expensive and you can get it at Target/Wal-Mart so I think it's definitely worth a try!

When I was working I was a paralegal, I did wills, trusts & estate administration.   Now I'm a professional diaper changer.

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I'm currently a SAHM, but my degree is in early childhood education/development. Which is funny to me because I often feel lost when applying those theories to my own children. Ha!

4. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I'm a 5th grade teacher in a middle school.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a SAHM.  Next year my babies start all day kindergarten and I'm looking into going back to school for something, possibly early childhood education or something similar to that.

6. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a Registered Early Childhood Educator. In Ontario, you have to have a college diploma in ECE and register with the College of Early Childhood Educators to work in child care.  (technically I can put letters after my name)  

Right now I work with kindergarten aged kids for part of the day and after school day care for the rest. I love school age. Most people don't quite get it but I love the older kids (well, for the most part....) Though school age always gets the crappy hours. (open and close)

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I currently work 25 hours per week for a small financial planning firm as office manager / administrative assistant. I went back to work five years ago after being a SAHM for 17 years (best job I've ever had!). I love the guys I work for and have a lot of flexibility in my hours. My salary isn't huge but it helps with college expenses for two. And it keeps my brain functioning.

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Currently sah but in a previous life I was a community organizer, an HR administrator and Medicaid biller.

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As of yesterday I am officially a professional biologist again! (my designation just came through). I work for an environmental consulting company doing environmental assessments and such mostly for oil and gas clients.

2 people like this.
  10. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I am an Operations Manager for a facility management firm. Fancy title for being the numbers girls and resident nag.

Jen, CONGRATS!

11. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meh, I had my designation before, but I let it slip while I was at home. It's funny how life changes; 7 years ago I was really excited about it, now I found it an administrative annoyance! But at least I can order business cards now.

12. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I am a licensed Insurance rep for State Farm :help:   Just kidding I love it :lazy:   No really it is great :sorry: .  I work for an agent but I sell life, health, auto and home insurance.  It is so exciting and is no place where I imagined myself. :BDH:

13. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I am a SAHM.  I worked retail and tax prep before I was a full time SAHM.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I am a registered nurse

15. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

I was a dentist until I had an early mid-life crisis and quit my practice, packed two bags, moved 10,000 miles and got married. Then I worked in DH's company as a controller and whatever-no-one-else-wants-to-do drudge,until the girls came home. Then I was a SAHM/WAHM until they started kindergarten. I volunteered so much at school that they gave me a job two years ago. Now I am a math tutor at the girls' school.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nanny88

Nanny88 Well-Known Member

I am a nanny! Shocker I know ;) I work 40ish hours a weeks as a nanny. I am also a landlord and I do night and weekend babysitting jobs. I love my jobs and I am looking to buy another house to invest in(either flip or rent). Occasionally I work my self to the bone like this week between 8am on Tuesday and 4pm on Wednesday I worked 27 hours nannying and babysitting. I worked Tuesday 8am-4pm one family and then 4:30pm-3:30am for some kids I used to nanny for. My plan was to sleep after the kids were in bed but that did not happen because the older kids were up until midnight and then between cleaning up and dishes I just never slept so when their mom came home I went home and got about 4 hours of sleep before I headed to work again on  Wednesday 8am-4pm.

17. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My title is executive assistant. My job duties have been receptionist/office manager/book keeper/secretary/tournament administration/event planner. But I found out yesterday that a real receptionist is being hired so that will be taken off my plate, but I will now be assisting in junior team tennis so they're going to have to send me to some little online classes so I can learn what exactly that means.

18. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Officially, I am a business analyst at a bank, working in the Debit Card Fraud Strategy department. The reality is that I do some investigations still, coordinate the investigators, provide data support and knowledge, and when I have time I dabble in higher level analytics and strategy.

19. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I'm a health psychologist.

20. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

As of Monday, I will be an Employer Services Representative. I work at our states one-stop (Careerlink). My main duties are actually job development - resumes, covers letters and job leads for various programs/people. I also will call locdl employers to develop relationships to help customers get employment.

21. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am currently a SAHM but my degree is in electrical engineering.  Technically still employed, but haven't logged any hours since Nov 2012.

22. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Friday, October 18

What's your favorite way to waste time?

23. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Reading or doing word puzzles, crosswords, etc.

24. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The internet;). I also like to read and occasionally exercise or cook (those 2 have to go hand in hand lol!)

25. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I'm good at wasting time. Reading, internet, movies and TV.

26. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Reading, lengthy phone chats, catching up on the 1,000,000 shows on our DVR.

Missed yesterday, so....I'm a special education teacher, currently in my first year as a Developmental Preschool Teacher in the elementary school I've been teaching in for 7 years! I have 3-5 year olds with developmental delays and/or diagnosed disabilities. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! :wub:

27. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jori, your post made me smile.  I love reading how much you love to work with kids...they are so fortunate to have you!

I just had to say that!

I missed yesterday's question-I used to be a secretary for an industrial painting company, SAHM for now.

Today's question the internet is my favorite way to waste time.  

28. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Online. Or reading. Or watching movies.

29. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In the house it's reading a book or the Internet. I love that my brain is engaged in an adult way yet also be present for the kids.

Out of the house I am a thrift store shopper.

30. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Favorite way to waste time is probably the internet.

Relaxing would be reading a book or crocheting while watching tv, or in the summer outside while the girls are playing or in the pool.

31. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Facebook, Pinterest, or TV

32. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

My time waster is the internet too. FB, twin stuff, Pinterest. And I play solitaire on my phone.

I'm also a big reader, but to me that's relaxing, not wasting time. ;)

33. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

No shocker here, the internet keeps me sucked in as well.  At for relaxing (what's that?!?) reading a book or crocheting something.

34. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

facebook, twinstuff, pinterest, craftgawker.  Facebook games. Youtube (history documentaries and Grand Designs - way better than anything on HGTV) 

off line - reading and the odd craft project while watching TV.

35. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Currently - facebook and binge watching TV shows.

I really like to simultaneously have a show on netflix on my computer, and my ipad next to me with facebook pulled up.