Quality Nursing Wear for Hospital stays?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Emily@Home, May 21, 2008.

1. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

I've already been wearing hospital gowns for 24 days now, ugh, and when I have my babies, I'd like to put on something different at least a day or two later (looking at a c-section). I'd like something I could pump in discreetly, and I'm on the taller side (5'9"). Those shorter gowns wouldn't work for me. I may have to wear this get-up to NICU, so I want to look good instead of pitiful. :) But I don't want to pay a bundle. Also, I don't want those cheaper, incredible shrinking gowns that seem to get shorter in the wash.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a favorite shop/store/online vendor?

Thanks y'all!

2. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I wore my capris and longer tshirts! (not nursing ones...but regular, empire shirts with the blousier bottoms)

You can pump more discreetly in those....(imo)

Good luck!!!

3. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I just bought a couple of nursing tank tops at Target to wear with comfy pants. I have a pair of maternity gauchos and sweatpant capris. I'm going to bring a lightweight maternity zip up sweatshirt to wear over the tank tops in case it's cool. I also have some nursing gowns that my friend gave me with robes, if I want to wear those.

4. stephie1996

stephie1996 Well-Known Member

I just brought in some loose shirts and jogging-type pants. I did wear the gowns for a few days after the c-section, though. It was just easier for them to check me that way.

5. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I actually wore lounge or yoga pants and t-shirts the entire time I was on hospital bedrest, and wore the hospital gown after my c-section. It was messy and I didn't like anything rubbing against my incision. I wore one gown the correct way, and one backwards as a robe. This worked fine when I'd go down to the NICU. The gowns they gave us buttoned to be abe to pump easily.

6. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Well Motherhood Maternity had all of my favorite clothes. I wore their black yoga stretch pants the whole time I was pregnant and after. They have really comfy pj's and nursing bras. That being said I stayed in my hospital gown and wore my bathrobe from home over it with a nursing bra on almost the whole time. Not to mention they usually put the leg stockings on you after surgery and you just look like a big dork anyways, somehow ALL of my modesty went out the window when I was in the hospital after my surgery. I can only imagine how you feel :hug99: . I really did find Motherhood Maternity to have the most well fitting comfortable clothes, good luck.[/SIZE]

7. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

With my last baby, I found that the nursing camis that they have at Motherhood are great. They are like a nursing bra and top in one. I had a black one and a white one that I wore under button-down shirts that I left open.

You've gotta watch out for some of that nursing stuff, though... some of it has holes that are around your stomach when they are obviously supposed to be in the ("ahem") nursing area. If you try it on and the holes are that far down when you're preggers, imagine how silly they'll look and feel after you deliver! :wacko: