question about pack n plays, sleepovers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ddancerd1, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

now that the girls can climb out of their cribs, it's only a matter of time before they realize they can climb out of pnp's. there are two in my old bedroom at my parents' house, and i've been wanting them to spend the night there without me, but now i'm worried. how should i prepare for this should they climb out of the pnp's?

here's all i can think of

1) put a gate at the top of the stairs
    2) close all other doors
    3) close their door?
    4) this is stressing me out too much

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Danielle, you make me smile!
    Thinking about that would stress me out too. I think you have some good suggestions there with closing the doors and putting a gate on top of the stairs. I would also suggest if there is a spare mattress or a some blankets you put down on the floor in case there is an escape attempt! Good luck!

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Both of my girls can climb out of their pnp's, but we told them not to. While we were away last month they stayed in them all night even though they could have gotten out if they wanted to. I would put a gate at the top of the stairs anyway, and probably close their door too. :hug:

4. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

The others have great suggestions! Another thought that we are looking into for our upcoming travels out of town are the "Pea Pod Plus" travel tents. They have an inflatable mattress and a tent to keep the kids contained. If you plan to do this on a regular basis and want to invest in them, those might be an option for you? There have been a couple of threads in here about them recently - lots of other moms liked them!

5. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinboys07 @ Apr 17 2009, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1277444[/snapback]
    The others have great suggestions! Another thought that we are looking into for our upcoming travels out of town are the "Pea Pod Plus" travel tents. They have an inflatable mattress and a tent to keep the kids contained. If you plan to do this on a regular basis and want to invest in them, those might be an option for you? There have been a couple of threads in here about them recently - lots of other moms liked them!

Just beware with the PeaPods, if your kiddos know how to undo zippers, there is an inside zipper pull tab on them! I took mine back after I saw that. It would have taken the girls max, two minutes to figure it out and then be in for a free for all!

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd close their door as long as someone will still be able to hear them. Also, I put my girls in sleep sacks - that makes it impossible for Lily to lift up one leg as high as the top of the crib.

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What about putting a gate in the doorway of the bedroom they sleep in? That way, your parents can hear them, but they are still staying in that room, not wandering.

8. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Apr 18 2009, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1278700[/snapback]
    What about putting a gate in the doorway of the bedroom they sleep in? That way, your parents can hear them, but they are still staying in that room, not wandering.

This is what I would do. At my MILs house, my DH's old bedroom (which until we had the boys was EXACTLY how he left it :rolleyes: ) where they stay quite often, she has his old bed with the long side rails on one side, then she sleeps on the otherr side of the bed. Although Peyton tends to like to wake up at 2 and go into their living room and watch TV...lol. but she also put a lottle stool on one side, and they won't climb down until thats there...lol

Shannon