Question about Socks and Underpants....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Trouble(aka Roxanne), Dec 12, 2006.

1. Trouble(aka Roxanne)

Trouble(aka Roxanne) Well-Known Member

Do you have a special way that you sort them?? Do your twins have their own dresser or do they share one dresser? Do you put them all together or in seperate piles if in the same dresser? The reason I am asking is I am trying to find a way that I can have the same amount of socks and underpants in each of my twins drawers...I have started by putting a few stitches of thread on the back on one of my twins underpants, and for the socks I have no idea what to do, would like some ideas that others are doing with their twins...

Thanks...

2. Trouble(aka Roxanne)

Trouble(aka Roxanne) Well-Known Member

Do you have a special way that you sort them?? Do your twins have their own dresser or do they share one dresser? Do you put them all together or in seperate piles if in the same dresser? The reason I am asking is I am trying to find a way that I can have the same amount of socks and underpants in each of my twins drawers...I have started by putting a few stitches of thread on the back on one of my twins underpants, and for the socks I have no idea what to do, would like some ideas that others are doing with their twins...

Thanks...

3. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Each of the sock, shirt, onsie, pj draws are both of their clothes, they don't have seperate draws. I do, however, have certain ones I put on each with pj's or shirts, like the kind that are the same but a different color like one always wears the red the other blue, etc.

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Mine share it all. I wash underpants in bleach with hot water anyway.

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine share socks. There are some that are obvisusly boy or girl socks, so they aren't hard to pick out! Their clothes are separated by drawers, but their pjs share a drawer. We aren't in the underwear phase yet!

6. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

When they shared their dressers, they shared all of their cloths. Now with separate rooms and separate dressers, all of the cloths are divided up.

For the underwear, I wrote their initials on the taggie. Now the new undies don't have taggies anymore, but so I usually keep a look out if I have 2 of the same kind, and divi them up this way. As for socks, I don't care and neither do they, so I just make sure they have enough in their drawers.

The rest of their cloths I can usually tell apart, by style and color, and if I can't, they are always able to tell me who has what.

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I just pile them all in one drawer. Unlike most kids their age, Ainsley and Sierra could care less about what they are wearing so it makes it easier for me since I can just open one drawer and grab a couple of things.

8. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

It all goes into 2 dressers until they are old enough to want their OWN clothes [​IMG]

9. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

My girls have mates beds so all their clothes go in drawers under their beds. All their pj's go in one drawer though (even though they each have their favourites, they are pretty interchangeable). Socks and underwear go in a divided drawer. For some reason Nicole likes blue socks, so I can grab hers at a glance (Jamie's are pink). They are in different sized underwear as well but I know by colour which are big and which are small so I store them all together as well. If they are in different sizes, maybe think about buying specific colours for each when you purchase them, so you can just tell at a glance whose is whose. HTH.

a href="http://lilypie.com">[​IMG]

10. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

All H&B's clothes are mixed together in the closet and drawers. They share socks, but have their own underwear, simply because they each wanted different characters on theirs.