Question to SAHMs regarding day schedule

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Ela, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Ela

Ela Well-Known Member

My girls are almost 3 yrs. old

To those with children at home around the same age, do you keep a schedule with your children?

Do you read or do activities at certain, consistent times daily?

Thanks,
    Ela

2. Ela

Ela Well-Known Member

My girls are almost 3 yrs. old

To those with children at home around the same age, do you keep a schedule with your children?

Do you read or do activities at certain, consistent times daily?

Thanks,
    Ela

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

At 3, our schedule was mostly school, bedtime, and meal times, anything else was up in the air and changed daily. Unfortunately, mine stopped napping when they started preschool, which initially was 2 afternoons a week.

BTW, you may want to update your ticker.

4. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

We don't have a set hourly schedule for activities. Meals, nap and bedtime are consistent. Certain activities do end up happening around the same time each day based on those 3 things.

We have more of a weekly schedule. Mondays/Fridays playgroup 10-12. Wed we usually do an outing with our local Mom's club, run errands, go to the park, or plan a playdate with a friend. Tues/Thurs...I have a babysitter 9am-1pm. The weekends we are out doing family activities or visiting our immediate families. I'm an "on the go kind of gal"..I usually have to get out everyday.

We end up reading books mainly before nap and bedtime. Summer is all about outside fun! (bikes, swingset,sandbox, nature walks,etc) I try to keep that going on any decent day fall-spring. They need that release of energy. Coloring, play-doh, practicing numbers/letters, other crafts we usually do after nap and at playgroup. My sitter is fabulous and does so many crafts with them. Yesterday, they went outside and picked pinecones and made Christmas tree pictures with the pine cones glued on for me. It was sweet.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We have a routine that we follow as far as getting up, meals, bath times, nap/bed times and then she goes to school Tues. and Thurs. mornings. In between things, it's usually just free play and the rare playdate. I try to get out of the house with them all at least a few times a week (every day in nice weather), but nothing big...just a walk even. With the 2 younger ones, I haven't had the time to plan too many structured activities.

6. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

When they were 3, they went to preschool two mornings a week. On non-preschool days, we ran errands, did housework, read books, went to storytime once a week, and played. They would nap after lunch for a couple of hours. By the end of their nap, Jackson would be home from school, so we did homework/played the rest of the day.

7. thompsontwinners

thompsontwinners Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, we have certain activites to get us out of the house. Right after meals, the girls want to be on their own and have free play. I allow them that for as long as they want. I do try to get in some computer time, music, fine motor, large motor, puzzles, imagination-like dress up,etc. It doesnt' work perfect everyday, but I try to provide those activities each day. Sometimes they want me to be with them and other times they do these activities on their own.

8. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

We have a basic schedule but it is flexible. They get up, eat, nap/rest, go to my grandma's, and go to bed at the same times every day. Usually around 10 or so we will do an activity and they have outside playdates or activities 1-2 times a week.