Radian Premier vs Britax Marathon

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by busymomof3, Oct 18, 2009.

1. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I have a radian premier for my older son and we like it. I never used it rear facing though so I was wondering how people liked it rear facing? I am also wondering about the britax marathon. I am thinking of getting one of each because my little guy needs a more fitted seat. I would appreciate any pros and cons to either. As they are both pricey I just want to see what others think of them. Thanks

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love my marathons! The only drawback is it's heavy which makes it harder to transfer between vehicles. If I remember right, the radian is all steel frame so it's probably heavier. So if you are going to need to move it between vehicles that's probably a con for both.

The only other thing I don't like about the marathons is the seat cover isn't washable, just dry spot cleaning only! All that money for carseat and I can't throw the cover in the washer?!?!? Seems stupid to me. I haven't done it yet, but I plan to try them in the washer on gentle cycle and see how they do! :p I'm pretty sure we're going to be using them until they wear out so I'm not looking for re-sale on them! :lol:

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I have 3 marathons and love them. I wish I would have bought them as their first convertible carseat. It would have made the purchase a little less painful as they are expensive.

4. busymomof3

Question for those with marathons. I have read some reviews that c/o the croth strap being to short. Do you guys find that this is a problem? Also how many years are the marathons good for? I am thinking of getting one of each because I really like the radian that I have but I would like a little more support for my little guy so I was thinking that the marathon would be good for him. Did your kids fit in the marathon for a long time? Thanks for the help

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I have no issues with the crotch strap at all. I have a 5 year old girl who is above average in height and she still fits nicely in the Marathon. HTH!

6. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

My twins moved from infant seats to Marathons & are still in them.

I love them & they were worth every penny.

7. denzel

denzel Well-Known Member

I have had both and they are both good seats. I find the Marathon much easier to tighten than the Radian and it was my favourite of the two, but because we need to fit 3 across our backseat, we now have Radians. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

8. busymomof3

thanks for all the input I really appreciate it. :)
    :thanks: