Radian users?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by p31heather, Nov 19, 2008.

1. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

I'm ISO good car seat for tall children, long torso'd ones. A friend reccommended the Radian 65.

I've read through all the other posts on here for car seat rec's. Most of you seem to use the Britax Marathon.

Help me decide. Anyone have access to Consumer Reports and can look these 2 up and tell me what they are rated?

I need to replace the seats soon because the ones we had were in the car which was totalled on Monday.

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would look at how tall your girls are. I have the marathons for my girls, and I know if i were to get another set of car seats right now, it would not be the marathons due to the fact that one of my girls has a long torso. I'm pretty sure she will be out of the Marathon and into a different seat before she is the 65 pounds that the Marathon goes to.

3. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

What about this Britax Frontier?

The seated shoulder height for Alexis is 11.75 inches and Rachel is not far behind that. Their standing height is 38". This seat sounds like it could last us a good while longer.

4. KellyJ

KellyJ Well-Known Member

I have 2 Radian 80's and I LOVE them. I have really large boys with long torsos and short little legs. My oldest is 4(5 on Firday) and weighs 58lbs and he is super comfortable in them. he always asks to ride in one when the twins aren't in the car with us. The twins are almost 2 and a half and over 40lbs and they love the seats as well. I am happy that they will accomodate my kids until they are 80lbs! I do not know what I will do if they reach 80lbs before they are 8, but the way it's going it is possible. I went with the Radian instead of the Britax because of the size and the weight limit. I knew I would need something to last a while and 65lbs would not last my kids long. I also thought the Britax seats are so big and bulky. The radians are very slim and will fit 3 across a standard car back seat. Since we often move our seats from one car to the other, ease of use and size were important to us. I do not know about any testing thus far by Consumer Reports. Many people just don't know about the Radian seats yet and Britax has been around forever. Knowing they have to pass certain safety testing/standards to make it to the market, I feel confident they are all safe. I will say the Radian is made of steel and are very heavy and super sturdy. They will not fall apart and seem very safe. Hope that helps!

kelly