Random Question about MINIVANS!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mjwebb05, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

Anyone out tehre have a newer Kia Sedona minivan? We bought one this summer and one of the "perks" it has is an outlet for an Ipod to play through the radio. I can't seem to get it to work right, and we don't have the users manual for the car (bought it used). Before I go to the dealer and ask (when i have time, which will be, umm, when we end up selling the car in 10 years!!!) I thought I would check on here to see if anyone has this car and knows how the ipod thingie works.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you have an AUX button? We have a Toyota Sienna, and I can hook up my ipod via a cable(whatever it is), and it works without the radio. Is that a possibility? I then have to change it to AUX vs radio, cd, etc. Otherwise, I'm guessing there is a certain radio station you need? Could you just call and maybe someone could help you over the phone?

3. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

Yeah there is an AUX button...I have tried it but it does not seem to work. You're right I just need to call the dealer!

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you have a place where you could connect an adaptor of sorts from the car to the ipod? Something similar to this: IPOD

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What type of cable does it connect to your ipod with?

I googled for the owners manual. Not sure what year yours is though.