Reality setting in........and getting scared!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HoneyBear23, Nov 8, 2008.

1. HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23 Well-Known Member

We have 33 days till our 38 wk goal and the reality of what is to come is hitting me. I have waited and tried for these miracles for so long (4+ yrs), that it is just surreal it's going to be my turn to be a mommy. I am thrilled and happy beyond words. All the uncertainties (first off delivery) and then of course the actual care and exhaustion of twins (and financial aspects of course) is weighing on my mind.

Plus, at this point I just hope we make it 37-38 wks since I'm on activity restrictions/couch arrest due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension since 31w2d.

How did you deal with the anxiety?

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:cry: :hug: Your post really reminded me of when it all hit me about it actually being my turn to be the mommy. :cry: I don't know how I handled it, I still can't believe I got so lucky! I read alot of twinstuff {that was my way of getting prepared for it all ;)} and watched alot of TV to keep my mind of thinking about things. Just know that you are going to be a wonderful, loving mother. :hug: Don't stress about the caring for the babies, they only need lots of hugs, kisses, love and formula! :laughing: Seriously, as their mom you won't do them any wrong. I'm hoping you make your goal date!!

3. rebecca_lynn78

rebecca_lynn78 Well-Known Member

I don't know. :unsure: :unknw: I wish I had some good advice. I have 28 days until 37 weeks. I think I am still in denial that there is 2 in here!

4. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

I would say the fact that you care so much is a good sing that you are all ready on your way to being a good mom!
    I remember all the way back in highschool (lol) the drama teacher telling the class, the day you are no longer nervous about getting on stage is the day you are no longer a good actor. Like I said somewhere else I believe we will all handle this differently. Some of use will over worry, some will over plan, some will over clean and the list can go on. Always remember how much you love them and I think you'll do great.

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting so close!
    I think I just tried to distract myself in that last month!
    A LOT of time on Twinstuff, a lot of television & reading books.
    I had quite a bit of anxiety about becoming a parent as well ~ so keeping busy really helped me :hug:

6. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I blogged! www.i-am-pregnant.com/JessH
    I read the twin forums, twin books, took long baths :)

7. rabresch72

rabresch72 Well-Known Member

I distracted myself with television, phone calls, visits, reading, and the internet. It worked too...I just kept telling myself this mantra "calm Mom, calm babies." Now that they're here, I still repeat that to myself. I don't know if you're interested, but you can check out my blog at www.thejoyofivf.blogspot.com...blogging also kept me sane b/c I was able to get my feelings out in a safe place. Good luck...I made it to 38 weeks on my mantra...calm Mom, calm babies.

8. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations for making it so far and being so close to your goal!! :yahoo: You are doing a great job!! :clapping: I think its totally normal to have those anxieties, but for me at least most of it went away when I was wheeled down to the OR for my c-section. From that point on I didn't have time to worry about anything else but my little girls. You will be amazed how things just fall into place. GL!!

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I remember thinking "Do these people know what they are doing? They aren't seriously going to just GIVE me these babies and let me take them HOME? RIGHT? Are they CRAZY?"

Turns out it can be a little overwhelming at first, but if you can manage to get a bit of a routine going you'll be just fine! 3.5 yrs. later and they are still kicking and talking and jumping and running and funny as can be. It all happened in the BLINK of an eye! I swear I just brought them home!

I think it's natural to be nervous, that's what'll make you a good Mommy!!! :hug:

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Active Member

It sounds like we're due at the same time! :D

Reality has been setting in for me lately as well. I feel like there is still so much to do to get ready for them. It's a little scary to know time is going by so quickly!

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I remember feeling anxious during the last month of my pregnancy, I think that is when it became really "real" for me. I would distract myself with books, TV, Twinstuff.
    Good luck and I hope you make your 38 week goal!!!! Way to go Momma!