Reality sunk in at yesterdays appointment

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sscetta, Jan 13, 2012.

1. sscetta

sscetta Well-Known Member

I went for my 37 week checkup (just turning 37 weeks tomorrow). The doctor did his usual. My BP was slightly elevated compared to the norm but still in the average range. After checking the heartbeats he decided to send me across the street right away to have the babies hearts monitored (NST). He was concerned about baby A's heartbeat. I had my 5 year old with me and of course I start thinking the worst. SOmethings wrong with the baby, they're going to do a c-section right then and there etc. So I had my mom drive in to get my son. Turns out the heartbeat was fine but I was contracting alot. I could feel some really strong ones while I was there and lots I couldn't feel at all. In the end they decided to send me home everything was fine. Everything has been so smooth healthwise until now that I was really shaken up by this. I have another ultrasound next week and I guess they'll decide if they're going to induce or let me keep going. I'm anxious now. Reality set in yesterday that my 2 precious babies will be home with me soon. I'm still in disbelief when I think about all these months later from when we were told it was twins.

2. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your experience with this - glad to hear the babies are okay. I'm right behind you (36 weeks) and I don't know if it has fully sunk in. We are as ready as we can be practically but it still really blows my mind that they will basically be here in two weeks. My hospital won't let twins go past 38 weeks so I'll be induced some time the week of the 22nd if I don't go in to labour on my own. These are our first babies so I think that's part of it. We really don't know what we're in for! I hope all goes well with the last bit of your pregnancy and their arrival. See you in the First Year forum soon!

3. 3BoysMama

3BoysMama Member

Congratulations on making it this far!!!! That is awesome!!!!

My doc would not let me go past 38 weeks. At my last appt at 37 weeks all the nurses and some of the other doctors were all coming in and shaking my hand, hugging me and congratulating me on making it to "full term" and they wished me luck on my scheduled C-Section the next week. I had been hospitalized for 4 days at 33 weeks with preterm labor and nobody thought I would make it to 38 weeks.
    As I walked out of there I suddenly got very excited and nervous at the same time. It suddenly became very real.

You will meet your babies soon.

4. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Haha, the twins are my first babies also, Amy. I remember thinking when we left the hospital, "I can't believe they trusted us with two babies, and now what :)?" It's a very weird feeling, but on top of being very tired and somewhat in pain, I remember how AWSOME it felt to have two healthy babies at home in our arms finally, it's priceless. Good luck both of you, enjoy the last stage of your pregnancy!

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Very exciting! My Dr. didn't want to let me go past 37 weeks, but because of scheduling issues (her husband was having surgery), I wasn't induced until 37w5d (and I'd spent 9 weeks on modified bedrest for PTL). It's pretty wonderful that you've gone full term with these little ones. Soon you'll be showing off pictures of your cuties!

6. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I have to say that after 2.5 years since my twins were born, it has still not fully sunk in ... I am constantly thinking "What? We have twins? AND two other small children???"

Congrats on making it to 37 weeks - that is so great!

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yes, we were ready 'late' for the twins. Luckily they stayed in until they did! I totally did NOT nest! Sounds as if you were prepared if they were coming. I just donated to someone who is 31 weeks along who did not have anything. Her friends are asking for stuff because she is in the hospital. I can't wait to hear your birth story!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is exciting, it won't be long now. :clapping:

9. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I can relate, we have one already and find that hard to believe, nevermind that there are two more who are almost here!!! I think everybody feels like that, at least a little bit. It's a huge change, afterall. I'm sure you will rock it though!!