recommended DS games?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by ehm, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ehm

ehm Banned

I am dreading Easter and all of the little trinkets (read clutter) that comes along with the usual Easter basket so I am thinking of getting my children a game for their DS, The trouble is I don't really know of any. What do your children love?

Thanks!

2. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Holly loves her Petz games. When she was having a proceedure done at Boston Children's Hospital, she was loaned a fun game about cooking. Cookin Mama. I just asked her the name and after telling me she said, I love that game!

Cassie likes club penguin. She also has a Bratz one but its not as entertaining, she usually ends up playing Hollys Petz.

3. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Nathan is my DS freak, currently right now his favorites are Lego star wars, and cooking mama. Both the boys have the little pet shop games and seem to like them too.

4. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

I would heartily recommend Drawn to Life (theres a regular version and a SpongeBob version. Both are good.) and My Sims Kingdom (even I'm addicted to that one! Lol..)

5. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

My 6 year olds and 10 year old all love Mario Kart.

6. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Thought of another one both boys love--Cars-Mater National -this one also has the download feature so kids can link and race eachother :)

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

My girls are 5 and their favorite is definitely New Super Mario Bros. They play it every chance they get.

8. ehm

ehm Banned

Thanks soo much!

I ended up with Lego Star Wars and Cooking Mama (and even better, they had them both used!)!

9. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

also Princess Peach is a TON of fun!

10. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ Mar 8 2009, 10:09 AM) [snapback]1218856[/snapback]
    Thanks soo much!

I ended up with Lego Star Wars and Cooking Mama (and even better, they had them both used!)!

Oh cool you found them for less :) I hope they like them. Nathan has learned all kinds of cooking terms from cooking mama, maybe I have a little iron chef in the making ;) I was greasing loaf pan for my friendship bread I was making tonight and he says "oh I have to do that on cooking mama so it doesn't stick to the pan" Of course he does go from cooking to saving the galaxy in star wars. :)

11. Gin Elliott

Gin Elliott Well-Known Member

My kids both have a nintendo dogs and that is there fav (with them both haveing them they can hook up there wireless thing and play together w/there dogs together..).. they just laugh and laugh non stop..they also love mario kart, and star wars lego them are the top ones..

12. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

My boys have a Nintendogs and Lego Star Wars. What is Cooking Mama? Will it teach them to cook me dinner!?

I just found Spore at the consignment store downtown, and the boys are loving it. It's an Evolution simulation game, survival of the fittest and all that, which is pretty cool!

13. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ellen Barr @ Mar 11 2009, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1224299[/snapback]
    What is Cooking Mama? Will it teach them to cook me dinner!?

Ellen it just may :) They have to use all kinds of cooking techniques, dicing, slicing, coating chicken, saute, cracking eggs, stir, you name it. Nathan has picked up quite a few cooking terms and makes quite a few dishes on his DS I don't really care for the octupus though :bad: or was it squid. But they have to do everything involved in cooking from start to finish prep like even simple pasta have to adjust flame to boil water, boil the water, add the spaghetti, dump in strainer just right to drain etc. Cooking Mama 2 is out now so you can get the original cooking mama pretty inexpensive.

14. litlmomma

litlmomma Well-Known Member

We have had to set up a custdoy schedual of star wars lego... I tried to find another but Toys R Us said they stopped making them. :angry: We also have Sims Kingdom and I got addicted to it. Their other favorite is Sonic because they can download/race each other.

15. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(litlmomma @ Mar 11 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1224473[/snapback]
    We have had to set up a custdoy schedual of star wars lego... I tried to find another but Toys R Us said they stopped making them. :angry:

Our Target had a bunch of them for $19.99 Maybe you could get it online. That is one my guys have to take turns with too, because they both always want to play it.

16. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

check GameStop for retired games, people trade them in all the time and they're cheaper!

17. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Popping this back up, because we just rented Monsters vs. Aliens, and Marcus loves it, and can't put it down :)