Recommended shoes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Dec 26, 2009.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So my MIL wants to go with me to buy shoes for the boys. I'm guessing she is letting me pick them out even though DH said she wants to buy a certain kind. Anyways....Jack is walking all over but JT has just started to let go of things and take a couple steps. I still take both to daycare in no shoes, I just don't think its necessary nor do I think they will keep them on since they don't keep their socks on!

Anyways...to please MIL what type of shoes should I be looking for? We are going to get them properly measured but I thought I read somewhere to get the flexible, rubbery, slipper type shoes until they really start walking?

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

The first shoes for all my kids were Robeez! Loved them... when they were walking outside where it might be wet, we got them regular tennis shoes. Grandma bought the twins Nike's and I bought Evan Stride Rites. Stride Rites are awesome shoes! I highly recommend them!

4. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

We love the Robeez knockoffs from Target. I think they were like $12. THe boys are unable to take them off. They have been great!

5. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

At that age I liked Robeez shoes & booties. I would never buy them hard shoes so young.

6. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Isa Booties are really nice too! Order online. You have twins, why drag them to a store? That's my philosophy. :laughing:

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I have always been a big stride rite fan. They are a bit on the expensive side, but I always watch the clearance and sale events and get really good bargains. They hold up good and at that age the girls and my son could always walk in them really well.

8. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Stride Rites as well as Robeez slippers for inside. I think the best shoes for new walkers are ones that are very flexible and light weight, almost like they are walking on barefeet.

9. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Oh, hands down Preschoolians. Here's their website.

Now, my DD has abnormally small and narrow feet, so we never really had success with her, but my son had normal feet at that age and they were perfect.

They used to have a twins discount and all that they required was for me to email them a picture of the kids together in the same picture.

The "I'm walking barefoot" sole worked so well. We just weren't ready for "real" shoes, but Robeez didn't provide enough of a cushion for anything other than completely flat surfaces.

10. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

If you want Robeez and don't mind shopping online, I found a great sale at Land's End: http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.html?store=le&action=newSearch&search=robeez

Can't beat that price!