registry question?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newtothis, Jan 21, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

are you registering for 2 swings, 2 bouncing chairs, etc?

i reallllly dont want to get 2 of everything but i'm assuming that it might be the case.

2. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

There are some things you will just have to have two of for your sanity...and a swing and boucy chair would be on that list. :) At least I HAD to have two of them.

3. newtothis

what else do i need 2 of?

swings
    bouncy chairs
    exersacuers

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Here is a great list located in a Sticky at the top of the Expecting forum. I used it when I registered and found it to be very helpful.

5. newtothis

thank you! i saw that but everything i questioned (swings, exersacuers, etc) all say 1 and 2 *maybe* later. i wanted to try and get my registry realllly underway and was looking for advice on exactly what to get.

6. MSB1203

I only got one exersaucer...I actually just borrowed it and a walker...they rotated the walker and exersaucer. :)

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

The reason that it says maybe later is because you may or may not need 2 depending on your babies. My girls hated the swings, and never used them...it really just depends. How far along are you?

8. newtothis

I'm 18 weeks!

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It really depends on the babies as to what they are going to like. You "can" get 2 of everything if you want, but keep one in the box and only open one and see what they enjoy. You may find they both enjoy the swings, so you'll want to open the second one, but then one hates the bouncer, so you only want to open one of those.

For me, my house is simply too small for 2 of everything. I did buy 2 bouncers because they are smaller and portable from room to room. I'm only planning on getting one swing for now, *if* necessary I'll get a second one down the road. I only have one walker, one exersaucer, one jumper and one play mat, I'll rotate them thru those things as needed!

You'll probably definetly need two boppy pillows, it helps to keep them contained and is useful for feeding them, I need to get 2 of them as well!

10. MSB1203

LOL...and see, I only had one boppy. It really does just depend on the babies. :)

11. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I had 2 of somethings, and 1 of others. I had 1 Bumbo chair, and was glad I hadn't gotten 2. Sabrina was just too skinny and slid right out of it. I had 2 swings, but they were travel size, so didn't take up too much room. That was great, as it was where they often napped. I only had 1 bouncy chair, as they're a little spendy and we didn't have the room. Had I had more room, I probably would have gotten another one. I only had 1 bassinet, and that was fine. They slept in it together when they were tiny, and together in the co-sleeper, as well. By the time Sydney was big enough to not be in the bassinet, it was about the time they didn't work in it together, either. So the one continued to be fine. We never did cribs, crazy though it sounds. We just didn't have room in our tiny house, and when we moved to our new, big house, they were 17 mo old and it seemed crazy to get them. They just stayed in pack-n-plays for a couple months, then into toddler beds.

12. MSB1203

Dielle...we did the same thing with the pack n play...We bought one crib and then Maddie started napping in the pack n play...we padded it down really good...she slept so well in it that we just never got another crib. :)

13. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

As for what I will NEED I'm not sure but I want things all set when the babies come because we'll be going down to one income so instead of maybe laters I'm just getting set now and if I dont need it I'll sell it on ebay=)
    I've registered for:
    two bouncy seats (I figured it would be good to feed them in and stuff at the same time)
    One regular swing and one travel swing (if they both really like it I'll have two if not at least I have one to bring with me to families house and on VayK when we go to Brazil)
    Two Boppy Pillows (mainly because og my son and alot of friends kids and cousins will be wanting to hold the babies and I feel better with the boppy aid, plus its another way they can sit up with out me all the time)
    One bath tub
    Two Highchairs (I figure I'll need them eventually anyway)
    One walker, One exercauser, and one jumpy thing (they can share, it didnt seem to amke sence to buy two of the same)
    One floor gym and one tummy gym (they can swap)
    Where using One Glider Cradle (my friend used one bassinet for a while because their small and the always end up back close together anyways so I didn't want to buy two of something they only stay in for a month or two)
    Two cribs (that will change to toddler beds so we dont need to go out and find those)
    One changing Table
    One Big Armoire (this thing is huge and will fit both there stuff till its time to switch to bunkbeds, plus under crib drawers)

I started my registry pretty early (a few weeks ago, even though my shower isn't for a few months) mainly because I knew there was so much to get done I just needed to feel organized, so having a list of exactly what I need and have so far is great (I find out sexes in two weeks so I'll go back in and register for some fun things then and bedding for the cribs) For now every week I go out and grab a few things cross them off my registry online when I get home (if I dont shop at BRU) I dont know perhaps I'm anal but its got one less thing swirling through my head right now=)

Good Luck=)

14. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

I just had my shower on Sunday and received a whole lot of great stuff. We registered for 2 car seats, 2 high chairs, 1 swing, 1 bouncy seat, 1 double snap n go stroller, 1 activity playmat thing. We also registered for 2 extra car seat bases so both of our cars have bases in them. Figured that was easier than trying to switch out bases all the time. I also got one boppy for the time being. I can always go get another myself if I feel I need it. We bought their furniture ourselves and did buy 2 cribs and a changing table. Their room is small but their closet is huge (go figure) so we didn't see the need for an extra dresser that turns out would not have fit anyway. They got a ton of blankets, burp cloths, towels, and washcoths. We didn't get any bedding for them, so we will have to go out and get that. We got a lot of great stuff and definately appreciate everything we got. Now I just have to make it all fit somewhere and get it all organized!

15. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We registered for two bouncy chairs and a travel swing. No one bought us the swing and we ended up borrowing one from my neighbor. One liked the swing and one liked only one of the bouncy chairs (I got two kinds to be safe). I had two boppys and 1 Bumbo. Register for 1 exersaucer and if you need another one, someone will let you borrow theirs or you can get one cheap on craigslist. I had two given to me as hand me downs and I wouldn't have it any other way! One thing I didn't learn when I was pregnant was how valuable craigslist can be. If you don't get something off your registry, go there! :)

16. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

we had two of the following
    swings
    bouncy chairs
    exersaucers (two different ones that way the toys are not the same and you can switch the babies)
    jumparoos (we had them facing each other in these and they Loved bouncing together)
    i think thatss about it for the big items.
    regester for two of everything if you want than check out craigslist for anything you dont get.
    like by the time we were using the exersaucers we sold our bouncy chairs on craigslist to cut down on how much stuff we had.
    i was very happy to have two of each item.

17. memillner

memillner Active Member

I asked this question too and a lot of my friends told me two bouncers but only one swing. Two high chairs of course along with two car seats. I only reg. for one pack n play and then a double stroller that had matching car seats. I did reg. for extra blankets, cloth diapers, gowns, bottles, hats, and pacifiers. All the little things I didn't think about until we got to the store registering like pacifiers etc... GL!! it's fun and stressful LOL