Registry Questions..

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Tracy5780, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I am starting to research items for my twins' registry and wanted to get some feedback.
    What should i definately get 2 of, and what do i only need one of?
    Anything i should forget about?
    Anything i cant live without?

Any help would be great :D

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

3. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

if you can afford it, or have generous friends/family, I would get two swings... we only had one and we kept having to choose which baby would go in it (and therefore who would sleep/nap better). two boppy's was a must for us.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

2 swings

2 bouncys

a couple of different types of bottles if you are gonna bottle feed or pump

lots of comfy newborn outfits

blankets

burp cloths

loved the sheet savers from BRU

crib soothers

white noise machine

sleep positioners

that's about all I can think of off the top of my head

5. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

I second just about everything everyone said. If you're on a budget.. I would definitely surf the Craigslist. You could probably find 2 swings for less than a 1 brand-new store bought one! GL!

Oh & swaddeling sleep sacks (kiddapotamus) are a lifesaver (more like sleep saver) too!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would definitely go for 2 swings and 1 bouncy seat (our DD hated the bouncy seat but our DS loved it)...they both loved the swing, 2 boppy pillows, Swaddle Me blankets (these were a life saver when the kiddos were newborns), exersaucer, jumparoo, rattles, taggies blankets or pillows, Soothie pacifiers (mine weren't big on the pacifier but when they would take it these would be the only brand they would like), diaper genie, ask for plenty of diapers in various sizes you can always use them, plenty of wipes, bottles, if you decide to BF-BF supplies...that's about all I can think of right now.

7. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Diapers, ask for diapers!

I was thinking about just having a diaper party.

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You've gotten some great suggestions. :good: We were a house of an absolute need for two bouncers and swings.

9. laurenlantz

laurenlantz Well-Known Member

I would recommend 2 swings, 1 bouncy seat (we just have one and we survive), sleep swaddlers (at least 2 per child because they get dirty from spit up), lots of pacifiers, pacifier pods (little pacifier holders you can attach to their diaper bag), two diaper bags (in case they go on a sleepover), plenty of burp cloths and bibs (if you find they aren't spitters then you can take them back), bumbo seats, , just one activity gym, and then the normal things for babies. Hope that helps!

10. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

We only had one swing and that was fine, but we were willing to go get another had both loved it - DS2 didn't though.
    You can get away with one exersaucer, one jumperoo and just switch them out.
    Definitely a play gym. We had two, one for their room and one for the LR. Both hand-me-downs.
    We had lots of bouncy seats. 2 of the papasan ones for when they were tiny then 2 regular ones (we actually had 4 I got tired of moving them around). They *loved* these with the lights and music and hanging toys.
    Baby bath or sponge
    I liked the boppy newborn lounger pillow better than the regular boppy - definitely 2 of whichever you get.
    Lots of receiving blankets or swaddle blankets. I hated the swaddle blankets but most people love them.
    Tons of sleepers
    Pick a couple types of bottles to get started and then see what they like
    Go ahead and register for plates, bowls, sippies (I missed that one and they add up fast)
    Double Snap n Go was a must have for me. I loved this stroller.
    Sheet savers and extra sheets
    Extra changing table covers
    Humidifier

HTH!

11. jranae

jranae Active Member

2 boppy's

2 bouncers

2 entertainment centers

We only had one swing and it worked out fine, my littles ones aren't that big into swinging.