Reglan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mare30, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mare30

Mare30 Member

Has anyone else been put on Reglan? I started having horrible m/s after 8 weeks and it has been getting progressively worse. I was using the Unisom but ti was not helpign duringthe day. So he called the Reglan in today and I will pick it up this afternoon. I was worried about the side effects I saw on the web.

2. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

I did not have much m/s, just felt bad at night time the first few weeks. I hope you feel better soon. I am just now feeling more energetic a little bit. I am still sleepy all the time though. I am just a caffine aholic. I miss my diet mountain dew and my coffee.

3. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

That stuff is a GODSEND. I used that almost my entire pregnancy as m/s started pretty much the moment of conception! One thing is it is also used to induce lactation and it made my breasts grow that much bigger that much faster. I have also heard that it increases mood swings but I didn't have that side effect.

4. DarciH

DarciH Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mare30 @ Jun 5 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]280351[/snapback]
    Has anyone else been put on Reglan? I started having horrible m/s after 8 weeks and it has been getting progressively worse. I was using the Unisom but ti was not helpign duringthe day. So he called the Reglan in today and I will pick it up this afternoon. I was worried about the side effects I saw on the web.

I tried Reglan but unfortunately it didn't work for me, my m/s was so bad the first three months - the only medication that did was Zofran. It's super-expensive but I believe there is a generic available now,,,think it's called Ondansetron. GREAT stuff

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I was on Zofran and I worship whoever makes the stuff. I wouldn't have made it without it.

No side effects that I know of. Doc said it doesn't cross the placenta barrier.

I hope you feel better soon!

6. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I took reglan after my last pregnancy for the purpose of inducing one of its side effects (increased milk supply). It actually worked! I didn't notice any other side effects from it.