Regular OB Sending me to the High Risk OB Appt Next Friday!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nadana77, Aug 21, 2009.

1. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have prayed so much during this pregnancy for it to be normal but, at my appt Wed my currnet OB told me he wanted me to go on and see the High Risk OB that delivered the twins due to pre-e.
    What is hard about this Dr his office & the hospital are almost 2 hours away from our house!
    I have gained 40 lbs my bp is alittle high even now that I have been taking 3 bp pills a day and I am having swelling in my feet,ankles,tummy. He said I'm retaining water. The good thing is that there is no protien in my urine.
    I'm scared & upset I want sooo bad to carry this baby "full term" I don't want to have to go through NICU stuff I almost went crazy when the twins were in there!
    Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers and I'll keep you updated on the visit next Friday.
    Take Care Everyone :)

2. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope all progressing normally with no NICU!

3. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I'll be keeping you and your baby in my prayers. Having been through pre-e with my twin pregnancy as well, I can imagine how you are feeling. I'll be keeping you and your baby in my prayers.

4. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Oh, I hope it all turns out ok! Take it easy, and keep positive. Hopefully everything will be just great!

6. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having these symptoms again. I don't really know much about the problem since I haven't experienced it. I do know some midwives advocate certain diets to combat pre-e, but I don't know much about it. You could probably run an on-line search for it. I hope this turns out to be precautionary and that you get your full term delivery. Hang in there!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Nadana, :hug: :hug: I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us updated after your appointment.

8. sweetlaureng

sweetlaureng Member

Nadia,
    I will pray for good news and a healthy full term pregnancy for you!
    Lauren