Repeat Anatomy Scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by niksbabies, Aug 11, 2011.

1. niksbabies

niksbabies Member

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this site for quite awhile but haven't posted. I was wondering if any of you might have experience with a repeat anatomy scan? Two weeks ago I went for my 20 week scan and they could not see the nose and lips of baby b. Today is my repeat scan and I am terrified. I was looking back at my NT scan pictures and you can't really see the nose and the lips of baby b on that picture as well. I am just so nervous. I want both babies to be healthy. Has anyone had this happen? What was your outcome?

Thanks

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I dont have experience with this but wanted to offer some support. Please keep us posted.
    Thinking positive thoughts for you today during your u/s.
    Who knows maybe baby B was just not cooperating for the last scan. :pardon:

Good luck today!!

3. niksbabies

niksbabies Member

Thank you Lesley for your reply. I will be leaving here in about an hour so I will post later tonight when I get home. Hoping for the best. Thanks for the support.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I thin it's pretty common when the baby isn't in the right position. Some babies are just more cooperative than others. I'm sure she just had her head turned into a position that the ultrasound waves couldn't get to.

2 people like this.
  5. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I think the baby was in a weird position also. Congratulations for your pregnancy and welcome to twinstuff. Keep us posted when you get a chance. Good luck!

6. FormerNoCalGirl

FormerNoCalGirl Well-Known Member

They still haven't seem one of my baby B's hands, and my Baby A hasn't shown his face. And this was after my repeat anatomy scan. It is just harder with two babies, especially when they are curled up and facing toward your back or are in some other weird position. I wouldn't worry too much.

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I had a repeat for my baby B's Heart. He was in a bad position to get a good look. I am sure all is well.

8. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Good luck with your scan today and welcome to TS!

I didn't have a repeat NT scan but the one I did have, Twin B was just not co-operating (hope it's not a sign of things to come!) The technician sent me for a half hour walk and when I got back she got a clearer picture and everything came back fine. With NT scan I thought that they just measured behind the neck?

I've had over 15 scans with this pregnancy so far and for the most part, Baby A has had her head facing back so we've hardly seen her face.

Look forward to hearing that everything went okay...

9. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I hope all went well with your scan. Please let us know when you have a chance.

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: How did the scan go? Please update us when you can.

11. lharrison1

Hoping all is well, let us know!! :grouphug:

12. niksbabies

niksbabies Member

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your replies. Everything ended up well. The placenta is above the baby so the view was hard to get. You were all right, it was still just so stressful waiting to know. We were able to find out the sexes as well, Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl! We couldn't be happier. I wasn't able to enjoy the news of Baby A until we could see all the body parts of Baby B. So happy that it worked out. I have done nothing but sleep since our appointment. I think I was so emotionally drained. Now just to get past the remaining hurdles. I hope everyone is doing well. 23 weeks on Thursday so still a ways to go!!!

Thanks again ladies,
    Hugs
    Nikki

2 people like this.
  13. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Phew! That's great!

14. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Fantastic news!!

15. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on having boy/girl twins :), I have a boy and a girl and it's a lot of fun :). I am glad to hear everything went fine and try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, it will pass very fast in spite of all the discomfort associated with it.

16. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

Glad it went well. Sorry I didn't get to respond earlier but my baby A had this problem. They couldn't find one hand and didn't get the lips visualized due to his position. He is 4 months old now needless to say, perfectly normal, healthy baby.

17. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so glad the babies were just fine (just uncooperative). Congratulations on your b/g twins. :)

18. lharrison1

:yahoo: Oh great news!! I hope you are able to rest assured and enjoy the weeks to come! Congrats on B/G twins!! :wub:

Thansk for updating us.

19. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congrats on a boy and a girl!!!

20. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to the girl/boy club!

21. FormerNoCalGirl

FormerNoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm having B/G twins too - and my baby A is a boy and baby B is a girl. So exciting!

22. niksbabies

niksbabies Member

Former: how far along are you? how are you feeling? i am 23 weeks right now and already up 33lbs! yikes. congratulations! :)